Thread: Dash switches

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Dash switches

Hi guys,

I am in the process of wiring up some new driving lights on my 07 GU, I wan't to use the 2 blank switches next to the sub tank switch at the bottom of the dash. I have already removed the blank switches in the centre console as I mounted my UHF in there, does anybody know if the blanks next to the sub tank switch are the same as the ones in the centre console?

Any info would be much appriciated as I don't want to buy the wrong switches

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, all the blanking plates for swtiches should be the same and be able to take normal rocker switches, I know they are on mine (09)
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Check out CUSTOM ROCKERS on ebay, heaps of different styles like ARB locker switch {blue} all marked for different uses, eg roof lights, work light etc. You'll find the
    one you want already marked driving lights
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes they are the same. Terrible spot for a Switch though! I have recently moved the Sub Tank switch from there and swapped places with the power aerial position in the gear stick surround. Heap Better spot. My Spotlight switch is there too.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Put my driving light switch on the RHS of dash near fast idle and mirror switch, never use it though
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot guys, saves me pulling the dash apart just for a look, only have to do it once now

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I did with some of my switches and blanks, yes on a GU IV they are interchangeable.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TimE For This Useful Post:

Boofa (26th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as 3dogs, my spottie switch is on the RHS next to dimmer switch. Need to put more in yet for when I mount the light bar and worklights etc
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot TimE, I all ready have my bullbar spotties switch where you have put the ariel switch, I am installing a LED light bar on the roof rack I want to put the switch for that where you have got the sub tank switch, I am also putting Reversing LED's on rear of roof rack, switch for them to go next to original sub tank position, and finally Do you think that the Ariel up/down switch will have enough slack to reach the furtherest blank next to the original sub tank switch position?

I have not got room on the RHS as I have a High Idle switch in there,

Im trying to use up all the standard Switch positions before I start to make my own spots

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Here is what I did with some of my switches and blanks, yes on a GU IV they are interchangeable.
    TimE......What did you use to cut the holes? looks quite neat, good job. Ive since run out of switch room too and looking for more.
    2004 GU ST 3.0 DDi 2" Tuff Dog Lift, Warn 9000lb, Custom dual Batteries Redarc, Safari Chip + Snorkel, 3" exhaust, NADS, MBC, DIY can, PWR Int,+9" fan, 7" GPS-DVD-TV Igo8 and Ozi with 2cams,6.5" Kicker splits and 6x9", Pillar+ Racetech EGT-PSI, Heated seats, fixed compressor, Arduino dual battery and engine/OAT temp display, 3" Projected 50W HID's with halo DRL's........so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast