User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dyno Results

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the patrol re dynoed today, as I had a problem still with over boosting. They reduced the boost back to 18ib max played with the fuel mix and low and behold I now have 119rwkw. I am stoked. What is the factory max set for the turbo boost?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something funny going on 36kw to 119kw wtf is he doing the dyno run in 4th gear every time and what sort of fuel mixtures and egt's are you getting.
    Do you have an egt gauge fitted i would be concerned that the next time you load it up and hit a hill you might not make it to the other side.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 97_gq_lwb For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes it's very Odd to say the least! Why did he not get 119 last week? Magic maybe? Did he have a bad hair day last week?

Sorry to hang crap but it's very Odd??
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is hanging crap!!! That is the idea of a forum. To discuss issues we all have in common. I don`t yet have any guages but you lot are fast talking me into them. Stop scarring me or I won`t tell any more secrets. lol. I am not sure why they just went for higher boost then tuning with the module. I guess the differance is last week I dropped the car off, today I stood there while they did there thing. Go figure. I hope I do get up and over the next hill.I have the dyno print outs and today they ran the car 10 times. My scanner is not working or I would put up the results.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to scare you just that with all of these varying results it would be hard for me personally to have faith that it is right.
    To be safe i would have an egt fitted as over fueling will give you more power and also create more heat under loads wich exceed that of the dyno.
    And will cause premature engine failure.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 97_gq_lwb For This Useful Post:

Steve4wdin (26th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As 97 states your EGTs have the possibility of climbing beyond what ol mate has set on the dyno. They run a load for 20 seconds or so and say that it did not spike so it wont!!! Put a Pyro on it and then go find that really really long steady hill we all have down the road that takes 5 or 6 minutes to climb and see what your Pyro thinks of that

Steve there are plenty of Tuners that will tell you to trust their tune and no gauge is needed but in the real World the Hills are bigger and the Climbs are longer than they can simulate. Understanding what your engine is doing is a very big eye opener and will give you great insight.

The mixed and extreme results that the tuner has got over the last few weeks are unusual and in my opinion Inconsistent with your expectation of your car. Driving in with 35rwkws and 2 weeks later driving out with 120rwkws is Insane and absurd. Mathematically Illogical. I really would like to see your printouts when you can mate.

So how did they explain how "Bad" their Tune was from last week given that they got another 25rwkws today over the result from last week?

Cheers MR
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Did you ever take it back to Nissan or just rely on these people to fix it, sounded like it may have been a warranty issue.
    I still dont get it, I must be missing something
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I afraid I`m missing some thing, however, My last car "navara" I had problems with the diff. I found the problem as I am a qualified tradesman and I got told I had no right to touch the car and warranty was void. so Not keen to get nissan involved.Dealers suk I have very little time for there crap. I just posted this for a bit of feed back.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be said that a one off dyno figure really isn't the point of a dyno. The overall figure spat out on the dyno sheet is a result of many variables including the settings and even make of the dyno. It is quite common for different brand dynos to produce different figures on the same vehicle. If you looked closely at the two graphs produced by the two different dynos they should show similar parts of the power/torque curve such as if there is a spike/dip in power at a certain point.

What a dyno is best used for is as a tuning tool or comparison of before and after mods. Be in with EGT or Air/Fuel ratios. The are also great for tracking the effect of mods such as adding an exhaust.

I recall back when I was younger and had a turbo 4cly petrol car. I installed a boost tap and wound the boost up until it hit the electronic cut out (the ecu detects too much boost and goes into protection mode) and then backed it off slighty. Plenty of on-road testing in all weather (hot/cold) proved that it was reliable at that boost level. One day I decided to take it along to a dyno day at a local performance shop. They were running a Dyno Dynamics dyno. The dyno operator can set the 'ramp rate' on the dyno to simulate real world conditions such as drag, friction ect. My understanding is that it places some resistance on the rollers or something like that which in turn has the effect of placing load on the engine. Well when my car went on the dyno it kept hitting the boost cut until I eventually wound the boost back down to factory level.

What this means is that the operator had set the ramp rate to something that was not represenative of real world road conditions resulting in my engine producing too much boost due to the different loads on the engine. In the end I got a reading of 88kw at the wheels. At the time I also ran it down at the local drag way and got a time of 14.8sec. Obviously the dyno wasn't representative of the real world and there was nothing wrong with the car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123