Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the best weekend!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best weekend!!!!!

guys i just can not contain myself!!!!! in fact i have been beside myself for the last couple of days,,,, ( a scary thought considering how big i am!!!) but as some of you who know me better then othwer know i have the odd skeliton in the closet and no scotty its not the gimp suit wrong closet!! i idigress,,, i have 3 kids to my previous marrage and as would have it my first wife was the devil incarnet and as such have not seen or heard from my kids there for a bout 14 years. here it comes

late saturday night i get a friend request on face book from my eldest son Ben. ben is now 27 and as had suspected he has lost his way abit but none the less found me on FB and made contact,,,,, not to the bastard run away dad a new one,,,, but to get to know me again!!!!

and so we spoke twice over the weekend on FB for over 4 hours to say i am extatic is an understatment just slightly over the moon and had to share with my friends on here.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to hekarewe For This Useful Post:

04OFF (23rd July 2012), Bob (23rd July 2012), growler2058 (23rd July 2012), GUtsy ute (24th July 2012), MudRunnerTD (24th July 2012), NissanGQ4.2 (23rd July 2012), SammiGQ (25th July 2012), silly one (24th July 2012), Silver (23rd July 2012), Sir Roofy (23rd July 2012), taslucas (23rd July 2012), Wine_maker (24th July 2012), Woof (24th July 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's such good news Hek! It would be such a great feeling to hear from him after such a long time, all the best with everything and I hope it all turns out well as I know it will.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

hekarewe (23rd July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear mate. I know exactly what it is like. I have 2 kids that I have not seen in 11 years. Got a hold of an email address belonging to one of them. Had email contact for about 6 weeks before it came to a screaming halt only last year. Mate I was ecstatic and could not stop talking about the fact. I hope that one day they may even do the same as your son and send me a friend request. But at the time I could not get the smile off my face.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome news hope all goes well and you can catch up on all those years missed. I don't have kids so I can only imagine but maybe as an adult you can rekindle a relationship. All the best.
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 89gqpatrol4x4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hekarewe View Post
    guys i just can not contain myself!!!!! in fact i have been beside myself for the last couple of days,,,, ( a scary thought considering how big i am!!!) but as some of you who know me better then othwer know i have the odd skeliton in the closet and no scotty its not the gimp suit wrong closet!! i idigress,,, i have 3 kids to my previous marrage and as would have it my first wife was the devil incarnet and as such have not seen or heard from my kids there for a bout 14 years. here it comes

late saturday night i get a friend request on face book from my eldest son Ben. ben is now 27 and as had suspected he has lost his way abit but none the less found me on FB and made contact,,,,, not to the bastard run away dad a new one,,,, but to get to know me again!!!!

and so we spoke twice over the weekend on FB for over 4 hours to say i am extatic is an understatment just slightly over the moon and had to share with my friends on here.
    THAT IS GREAT NEWS MATE. i HOPE THAT YOU HAVE MANY YEARS OF JOY AND MATESHIP AHEAD OF YOU BOTH

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is great news mate. Hope this opportunity continues on its renewed path. Family is the most important thing in life.
    Scotty B | Take it Off Road or Take it Back
    3.0L GUIV 2005 - TIG Welded Intercooler, NADS, Redarc Dual Battery, Additional rear power socket, 2" Lift (Ironman constant load foam cell), Electronic Trailer Brake Controller, Steel Bullbar, 12,000lb Winch, UHF

13. The Following User Says Thank You to scotty83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good stuff mate. All the best for you both in the future
    Hello from Under Down Under!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three cheers for hek and Ben , hip hip hooray -hip hip hooray -hip hip hooray ! . top stuff mate . wrapped for ya .
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding news old mate - although I was suspecting the gimp suit story, that one is heaps better, and quite frankly, I'm over the moon for you - couldn't imagine how hard that would be (as my two to the previous wife are with me all the time, and she is actually a good mate as it were - no child support, no restrictions and all that crap).

Sincerely happy for you mate!!! Get him up here and involved in our group - he'll never want to leave!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Outstanding news mate, great to hear. Just take it one step at a time obviously and hopefully it all works out for ya mate!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast