Thread: Golden Beach - South Gippsland

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golden Beach - South Gippsland

Hi all,

I'm kind of reluctant to tell everyone about this spot! haha.. but I'm sure a lot of people in VIC (melb/gippsland region) already know about it. There's an awesome row of campsites down at Golden Beach/Paradise Beach. 26 in total between the two area. 6 in paradise beach and 20 that start from Golden beach and run all the way down to the Honeysuckles.

I got there with the missus at about 9pm.. she had to work on the saturday and couldn't get time off.. >.< The rest of my mates and gf's were already there at about 4pm.. which was ok because they had to set everything up and start the fire.. haha less work for me.

I'd just bought a new tent.. a black wolf turbo lite 270. It pitches in about 1 minute. I recommend you tubing it! It's brilliant. So, because we were there late at night, I had to work in the light given from the headlights/spotties. Pitching the tent was a piece of cake. Took about 5-10mins including the fly. Was my second time setting it up so could probably go up quicker, but I'm very happy with a 10minute pitch time.

Anyway, the camp site is a pearler. It was really large. There was 3 tents all up and they were all probably 6 man tents. We had 2 tents opposite each other, so the campsite was probably 5 meters wide and about 30-40 metres long. Easily fit 6 tents and 4-6 cars. We dug a nice fire pit in the camp site. There had been a few fires around but nothing really set up. We had a tarp set up in case it rained, all our food was under it. We just sat around the fire and drank piss.

The campsite had a pit toilet. It was actually really nice. I've seen (and had to use) some horrid pit dunnies. This one had paper in it, was nice painted walls, a nice plastic (intact) seat.. nicely maintained. Even the girls sucked it up and used the toilet!

The location was great. Literally a 1 minute walk over the sand dune and the ocean is there. Fantastic for a surf fisherman. I'm not sure if the beaches are patrolled in the summer.. I'm sure a few areas would have the flags up. My tent was facing the sandy path up and over the dune. I literally walked out of my tent and up the path, hello ocean.

It was a great couple of days and I'll post some pics when I get home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a great spot G-Unit.

I would probably keep that place to myself...haha

It's great to find a good place where everything is close and the Misses doesn't whine about roughing it up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update with a few pics.. for some reason a few of them are corrupted.. might have been because the camera was full, so I only managed to get a few.

**deleted all of the signs out of the pics that said "Indian Burial Ground" where I was parked.** :P

Balloons were for my missus b'day! My friends had setup the campsite with them before we arrived. Aren't they nice!
    Last edited by Timbo; 29th June 2010 at 01:20 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=G-Unit;1623]

**deleted all of the signs out of the pics that said "Indian Burial Ground" where I was parked.** :P/QUOTE]

Lol...... Very tactfully done to I might add.

Looks like a great spot I will have to check it out one day myself.

Nice pic of the portable dunny seat BTW.....lol

Cheers
    Paul