Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HID driving lights

HI all

Im looking at buying some hid euro beam lights for the gu patrol.

My question is has anyone brought the cheap type hids off ebay e.g http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/55W-2-PCS...item35be6a636c

Im thinking of running 3, 7 inch and removing my 220 roo lites Is this a good or bad idea
    2008 GU walkabout 3L auto wagon, 2" lift, Nissan winch bullbar, Ironman winch, Roo lite spotties, Scrub bars & side steps,Ferret rear light bracket with two Led work lights.My tip, Always carry a good well stocked in date firstaid kit when 4wding medical help is always to far away.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a thread somewhere where the HID lights had malfunctioned and cought fire doing bit of damage to the car. Not discouraging you but if you decide to get it done Safety+Quality dosen't equal to cheap.

Got the link if you want, PM me.
    Last edited by Ronin; 21st July 2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Link

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I saw a thread somewhere where the HID lights had malfunctioned and cought fire doing bit of damage to the car. Not discouraging you but if you decide to get it done Safety+Quality dosen't equal to cheap.

Got the link if you want, PM me.
    WOW i am very interested in the link.

Im guessing the manufacturers warranty wouldnt cover you're car burning to the ground
    2008 GU walkabout 3L auto wagon, 2" lift, Nissan winch bullbar, Ironman winch, Roo lite spotties, Scrub bars & side steps,Ferret rear light bracket with two Led work lights.My tip, Always carry a good well stocked in date firstaid kit when 4wding medical help is always to far away.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I've run them they are fine exactely like Piranha Cats, go the 9" they dont have covers and do shatter, I made lexen replacement for mine
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murray and Dave from Torq4x4 are doing 35w, 55w and 75w HID's that a bunch from the forum saw in action last week - awesome lights that smash Lightforce, etc HID's, and come with a 2 year warranty .... they are also about half the price of the other offerings and are exclusive in Australia (I.e. not the usual suspects on eBay).

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    75watt HID what an amazing light, taking off my 20" light bar as I miss the peretration and putting my 75 watters back on, 2. year warranty sounds good. IMO think Light Force are falling a bit behind especially with whats available on the market today. Might not need spread beam.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your PM bushytas.

you can always put in some Philips X-treme Vision globes. I got mine from these guys http://www.powerbulbs.com/au/product...eadlight-bulbs

Question for others, does the Patrol GU8 use the H4 fittng ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes GU8 uses H4, i put a pair of Micks HID projectors in my GU8, they are the goods.
    2012 GU8 Polar White Auto ST Patrol, Factory Bull bar, Scangauge 2, EGR blanked, Milford cargo barrier, Outback ideas recovery points, Micks retrofit HID 3 inch projectors with Osram bulbs and 55w ballasts, GME TXE3420, Sidewinder dual battery with monitor, Windcheetah 2.0m alloy rack, Suspension Stuff 2" Flexy lift with SS Monotubes, MT ATZ 4 ribs 265/75R16 on black Dynamic rims, Custom rear draws with fridge slide.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got cheap hid lights kits of ebay . they are about 4 years old and not problem with them. Ijust coverted the old spott liights to hid. I all so got them in my normal driving lights.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive shoved 75/90 watt hid's into my headlights aimed em down a bit and love em only bummer is there is a 5 sec delay when turning em on till they are real bright...on high beam my lightforce hit the road way before the hid's end just gotta love modern gadgets
    Only a dog understands why bikers ride bikes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast