Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TURBO 4.5/4.2 Engineer...keepin' it legal

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    4by did you ring Andrew like I told you, as he's done hundreds of turbo/petrol Trolls.
    I rang him and told him you'd be in contact soon?
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reminding me. I was in the area 3 times in last 2 weeks and forgot to go past. Will go and see Andrew this week.
    Cheers 4by

Can I put a Holden badge on my Chevy ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4by View Post
    Is it Complete Mechanical Centre in Hoppers? I have to call them back on Monday and speak with Tony. He wasn't there when I rang earlier. A link to the epa rule book would be handy if you have. thanks Alitis007
    Yes 4by it is Complete mechanical centre in hooppers and theres also INDY AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS 2/124 KEYS ROAD MOORABIN PH# 9555 8133.

And this is the link to the vehicle modifications guidelines for victoria

http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/epa/publications.nsf/22770d59afe4b3beca2576be001b5fda/c90ec843f3bbbe8fca256d9f00181c59/$FILE/1031.pdf

And btw from my understanding in vic if we run streight lpg you can run just about any modification and still b compliant with adr's and the epa. Sorry for the late reply good luck with it and let us know how u go i was thinking bout throwing in a gen in mine but i will b keeping an eye on your post. Cheers bud.

Copy and paste that link into your browser and it should load the pdf file for you to print not sure how to make it easyer not that good with computers lol!
    Last edited by Alitis007; 19th August 2012 at 11:21 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alitis007 For This Useful Post:

4by (20th August 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    Yes 4by it is Complete mechanical centre in hooppers and theres also INDY AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS 2/124 KEYS ROAD MOORABIN PH# 9555 8133.

And this is the link to the vehicle modifications guidelines for victoria

http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/epa/publications.nsf/22770d59afe4b3beca2576be001b5fda/c90ec843f3bbbe8fca256d9f00181c59/$FILE/1031.pdf

And btw from my understanding in vic if we run streight lpg you can run just about any modification and still b compliant with adr's and the epa. Sorry for the late reply good luck with it and let us know how u go i was thinking bout throwing in a gen in mine but i will b keeping an eye on your post. Cheers bud.

Copy and paste that link into your browser and it should load the pdf file for you to print not sure how to make it easyer not that good with computers lol!
    Spoke with Tony today at Complete Mechanical (emission epa tester). He clarified what all the engineers have been telling me. I should buy a kit that has the paperwork to show it's ADR compliant. I'm not even sure if you can get a complete turbo kit that is ADR compliant. I know turbo kits are available, but at a greater expense which I'm not prepared to spend. DIY is more affordable.
    Cheers 4by

Can I put a Holden badge on my Chevy ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4by View Post
    Spoke with Tony today at Complete Mechanical (emission epa tester). He clarified what all the engineers have been telling me. I should buy a kit that has the paperwork to show it's ADR compliant. I'm not even sure if you can get a complete turbo kit that is ADR compliant. I know turbo kits are available, but at a greater expense which I'm not prepared to spend. DIY is more affordable.
    While i was searching for conversion kit for my Ti i came across this http://www.tuffcarparts.com/store/in...product_id=456 its a bit pricey but shoot them an email and ask the question. If you can wait till the end of october i have a mate that deals with hi performance parts if you want to remind me i can ask him the question aswell when he gets back from his holiday.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And DIY could cost you bout the same anyway if u dealing with retail prices unless you can get trade prices and even then the savings arnt the great. But you still have the option of just doing the conversion till you get caught and dealing with it then!

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see how it could be a problem diy as long as it passes emissions and has the same setup as stock like egr etc what is the drama.
    some people just dribble on i did a manifold conversion on a 5 litre v8 and because it looked like a carb the first blue slip inspector carried on like a tool dribbling about all sorts of engineers bull.
    I tried to explain to him that it worked the same as a standard manifold using the map sensor etc and was an efi throttle body using the same crap iac and tps as standard with oil breather return the same as well but he was just ignorant.
    anyway went to someone that had a clue he passed it without a problem.
    Last edited by 97_gq_lwb; 21st August 2012 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all your bases are covered u shouldnt have any dramas but the problem is petrol patrols dont come from factory with a turbo thats why they want adr compliant stuff. IMO slap on a turbo, cooler and exhaust ( under 90db) run dedicated lpg preferably injected theres your emmisions covered! That would b the cheepest way out of it and as long as you run an airbox the EPA and the JACKS can go jam them selfs and you can suck some tree huggers thru ur snorkel haha!..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12