OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: 4.5L Dual Battery Piranha Tray under bonnet?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4.5L Dual Battery Piranha Tray under bonnet?

Hi, have a 4.5 petrol, no abs, on gas.

Currently have a dual battery setup under the bonnet installed by my local mech/auto elec, but looking to make some changes, aux is a 50Ah deep cycle.

Been doing some research and heard the Piranha trays let you fit a decent size battery, but there is mention of needing to move some piping around. Want to do this as I winch off the aux (had trouble with winching off the main in the past so don't want to use it - reason for not putting aux in the back).

1. Anyone have any confirmation to what's involved for the Piranha tray install, and exactly what size/dimension battery you can fit?

2. Any photo's would be good if anyone has any.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guess not then...aw well, shall get around to a shop again and hope they have one in stock this time so I can actually see what mounts where.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 4.5 Petrol no abs no gas and have an ARB tray, which required moving piping, cutting some steel pipe and using rubber in its place to remount something.

Can fit a standard N70ZZL battery now, but its very close to the bonnet skin, so have to use slimline and well insulated battery terminals (I used jaycar block terminals with internal grub screw mounts that take a variety of 2 B&S, and 8 B&S wiring and have silicone covers......

Wasn't hard to do, had to drill holes in the firewall lip to mount it, cruise control wiring goes over the top of the battery but has a factory disconnect in the harness so no issue.

Also had a little bracket to relocate the cruise control actuator as well from memory.

When I did it in 2001 - I was warned off TJM as they had a no offroad use warning on their product then.