Thread: 1998 GU Patrol clutch issues

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1998 GU Patrol clutch issues

gday guys im having issues with the patrol its slipping bad after a 30 min drive yet theres no clutch smell? i have no mechanical experience and i know a replacement is big bucks so thought id ask. ..also if the clutch has to be replaced keep the dual mass or go to single? cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,823 Times in 8,597 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just checking that you checked to see if there's clutch fluid in the cylinder under the bonnet?

Does it slip only when going up hills or just all the time?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gday it started on hills only, now its straights also when it hits boost. Is the clutch and brake resevoir shared? id love for this to be a simple fix but sadly i dont think it is. ive only had the car for a few months it was sold a few thousand less than market value so maybe the previous owner knew.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a start I would get someone to check it out if you have no mechanical experience.

First up what motor is in it?

I supply & fit 4.5 or 4.2 petrol or diesel (Exedy Safari Tuff) including flywheel machine for $1250 (if all straight forward).

That will give you some idea of what it will cost you to do. If it is a 2.8 it will be a bit cheaper for parts.

I can also just supply if you have some else to fit.

Cheers
    David (0418 745 830)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it a duell mass clutch in it if so that ya problen dont put 1 back in as they are crap put a singel clutch kit it it cheapa and alot more stronger

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oil, Brake fluid, adjustment, clutch failure.
    Check ya bell-housing , slave cylinder etc under the car for leaking brake fluid. If the clutch is hydraulic, it will use the same fluid. Fluid = problem
    Also check for oil inside bellhousing, usually from engine rear main (black oil usually) or gearbox (browner color) input seal failure. oil = problem
    If there is any free-play adjustment at either the master cyinder or slave cylinder, ensure that adjustment is correct. If there isn't, adjust and re-test. If there is poor adjustment this can cause clutch to slip. Not quite how you state but I'd be checking it all the same.
    If there is no oil, brake fluid and any adjustments are correct then I'd be loooking at a new replacement kit.
    Ensure you have your fly-wheel machined and crack tested, unless you are going to buy a new one.
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion