OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Forum Suggestion about 2 post limit?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcol View Post
    true, I keep a checkin' in
    and only comment if I think it is worth it........... usually what I'm thinking has already been said by the time I get to the end of the "discussion"
    Col you must have this forum mixed up with another one mate, we are very serious people here
    Oh ofcourse we are all serious people......... never had a doubt in my mind..... (mind you there's usually not much in there anyway, let alone a doubt, or a brain cell, or a thought.........)

cheers
    lmao.................................
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcol View Post
    true, I keep a checkin' in
    and only comment if I think it is worth it........... usually what I'm thinking has already been said by the time I get to the end of the "discussion"
    Col you must have this forum mixed up with another one mate, we are very serious people here
    Oh ofcourse we are all serious people......... never had a doubt in my mind..... (mind you there's usually not much in there anyway, let alone a doubt, or a brain cell, or a thought.........)

cheers
    haha think you'll fit in nicely here mate. Hope you stick around!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good suggestions allround and an excellent outcome. We'll see how it goes

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the other thing that just popped into my head is.........
    oh, damn it, its gone....

if you have a look on the UK & some European sites,(both Nissan & Toyota) you have to be a PAIDUP member, before you can even access the forum.........
    something I think suxs, but I'm a cheap bugger
    so I do believe that by just limiting it to 25 posts or whatever, we are still WAY ahead of others.......

I also understand Trollman's points, some people watch the "banter" between people, and either not understand it or feel intimidated by it, and think that they could NOT contribute to the same level and leave disheartened
    Then there is the people who, as has been said, are not comfortable with forums and the way they are or are Techno-phob's who struggle to master emails let alone commit to revealing themselves to the "masses"

there is a forum that I have been a member of for over 2 years, but have maybe made 5 posts (intro, answered Q's and maybe the odd answer to something I did actually know of.) mainly because I keep forgetting the link hahahahahahaha
    (have to clean up my favorites folder one day)

still, all in all, the funny thing about democracy is that its the MAJORITY rule, not the minority
    true enough too many rules, and someone will always try to push the edge, because they think its their right.
    but at the end of the day if it is for the interest of the Forum then it is not bad. it is only bad when its in the interest of certain sections "clicks" groups individuals etc

I think you guys are heading in the right direction
    and I applaud the reasoning

cheers

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigcol For This Useful Post:

AB (20th October 2010), Finly Owner (19th October 2010), patch697 (20th October 2010), Plasnart (19th October 2010)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well said Big Col. And may I say as member of this forum it's a pleasure to have one of our newest members contributing such posts. I know it has taken (shall I call them) the founding members led by AB, a lot of time effort and not to mention the money AB has personally contributed to make this forum what it is today.

I for one will invite people to join, and I will also strive to lead by example of how to interact on here, in a polite and caring way. I hope this forum is kept running for years to come .
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finly Owner For This Useful Post:

AB (20th October 2010), patch697 (20th October 2010)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345