User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gq's hard to find!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen two or three gq utes floating around on Carsales recently.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spend well over 6 months looking for my GQ
    I looked at that many over priced POS , i nearly bought something else
    But i did find a goodie , it was advertised for not even a day and it was mine , and it wasnt cheap
    Keep looking one will pop up,id think 12 large should yeild something worth while

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hammer and choochie i have thort of this, id love to put a ute cab on a swb or lwb chassis or chop a swb or lwb as im a welder but i dont have the time or room atm in my sheds (theres already a slr torana and a chevy luv truck in there)
    we are doing an extension but that could take awile for planning and permits
    i want my 4by to b an everyday car and a weekend offroader so id prefer to go straight onto the road (after the mods of corse )

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    irish, iv know every ute thats on carsales atm and the one i wants got a deposit on it
    unless something new has been put on recently
    and mq mad i have been looking at wagons n swb within my budget to and there are some nice ones but being fussy all the ones i like sell so quick its so hard haha
    there was a wagon just round the corner from me that was mint n it sold so quick before i got a chance to look at it

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matey the massive demand for the GQs is amazing, read any previous or old post and many have for awhile complained how something so old can sell so quickly or ask and sell for what it does
    Ive been offered more for mine than what i paid a few years ago, but ive yet to find something id be comfortable to replace it with
    The way many have ended up with a reasonable ute for a reasonable amount is get a rusted wagon and retro fit a ute cab,but its a time thing and many who do this either have contacts or time

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up mine in Perth by chance, I was looking for a car over east for my parents who came over from NZ. After seeing what was available I thought I would have a look for myself. Came across the Safari (high roof patrol) and it was something that I always wanted. it had been posted 2 hrs before i looked at it and it had 300views already, I got the guys number called it, got no answer and left a message or two and sent a few emails, got back to me the next morning and said that I would like a look, had a drive before I flew out for work and bought it the next day, the dude gave me first dibs and got him to $9500, (luckily I had the coin available) a couple of days after the sale he said he had ten ppl offer the amount straight up so pretty stoked on the buy. Still a bit skeptical about the km (154000 with a wobble in the line up) but runs smooth, clean as a whistle and a great ride. Lots of mods with work to go but its a great car to own all the fruit almost and at $10G its a great buy. Have fun but definitely take your time, use the threads available on here to find what you need to know. Enjoy

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted a shorty GQ ... looked for months in all states,made a few calls and emails,I was told of a local 1994 shorty 4.2 TD with 180K on it,went and looked,wanted 12K and if I buy his he would by a GQ wagon just down the road .... heh heh heh I had a look at it too = 97 white 148K on clock with turbo glide turbo .... bought the wagon instead for 10K, bog stock DX

Cheerin ey
    sooooo keep looking and you will find what ya looking for

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the rustiest 1988 gq shorty 300,000klm's tb42, spent half its life as fishoes beach ride 1000 bucks turn key. no rego thought if im going to rebuild one may as well get a cheap crap one the shorty's are so pricey if you can get a good one.
    DO IT YOUR SELF YOU MAY LEARN SOMETHING

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck mate, I've been looking for a while and just drove 3 hours out of sydney to get the one i wanted. But they are out there keep looking.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy my lwb for 10k if ya want

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast