Thread: gq's hard to find!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gq's hard to find!

you can tell patrols are the best 4x4 out there if u ever try to buy a second hand one!
    you got to be quick, anything thats good sells in the first week haha
    im hunting for a coily gq ute and saved up a bit more got a 12g budget for a road worthy rig and they are even harder to find!
    iv also been looking at wagons n swb and its all the same if they are reasonably priced the go before i get to them, i look on carsales, ebay, trading post, gumtree etc every nite haha
    if anyone spots anything good selling hit me up im always on here
    hate it wen u find something ausom n the seller never replies or its sold and they left add up for months

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Definately getting rare! We will all keep our eyes out for ya mate. Ive heard you can set alerts for gumtree, ebay etc to notify when there is a new listing. I havent done it myself but ive heard a few members talking about it. Keep looking, something will come up and knowing murphys law, youll see a better one a week after you pay lol!
    How far are you willing to travel?
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha yer i guess the good ones are probably thining out, i know a guy who buys low k's rust free gq's and stores them because he knows in a few years everyone wil be dying for them as there wont b many around and alot of prople like the simple set up compared to the new ones, shame he wont sell them! haha
    cheers mate yer iv got a few alerts set up they are pretty handy if ur on the hunt
    im in victoria but i will go as far as nsw, qld, tassie, south aust for a good deisel coily ute with a road worthy for 12g!
    iv traveled for cars before haha

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hey mate just found this :http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wynya...ute/1004124778
    It doesnt have any photos in the ad but its my home town so id be happy to check it out for ya
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 20,810 Times in 8,593 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have your saved searches on Ebay and Carsales. Check them on the phone every few hours along with a manual search on Gumtree.

Have the cash ready, when one pops up, ring straight away (don't email) and if it all checks out on the phone tell the bloke It's sold I will be there this afternoon to pay pending everything you mentioned is 100% correct.

You have to have all your ducks in a row, money and commitment. Don't rush either mate, nothing worse than buying something you'll regret. You'll find it one day. Took me many months to find mine....

Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,439 Times in 6,264 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep it will certainly take time to find your perfect Patrol! I was really lucky, I was looking (dreaming) for about a year but I really couldn't afford one. As I started to get close to being able to afford one I stopped looking so that I wouldn't be tempted to jump on the first one I found. When I had the money together I started looking seriously, about 4 days into my searching I found my perfect Patrol. Saw it on a Thursday night, drove to Melbourne that night to look at it, gave the bloke a deposit, then drove it home on the Saturday. Have been happy ever since and have no regrets!
    Your perfect Patrol will come mate, just be patient.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    taslucas- i wish i had that much money haha mayb in 2 months i cld pull that out but i stil need money to modd it sounds like a mint ute but
    ab- thanks mate iv got all mu cash sorted n im always looking during work and all nite n if i find something i call straight away
    kristoffa- your rite mate iv got all my cash saved up n im on a serious hunt, bought n sold a few cars but 4bys are a bit harder
    im missing out all this time without one haha

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep thats why I'm restoring my old girl, I know she will never really drop in value with the demand they have now. There really is nothing out there that is as good for what I want it for. Every new vehicle that comes out makes the old patrol worth more in my books as the new 4b's are slowly loosing their way and turning into cars.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMav For This Useful Post:

threedogs (12th July 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to true big mav
    im not a big fan of computer controlled cars and all the new plastic stuf
    traction control and all this new stuf takes the fun out of real 4wheel driving
    i like being able to work on my own cars n feel in control of them out driving
    a well resto'd old girl with b worth gold soon

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhyso For This Useful Post:

threedogs (12th July 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was in the right place at the right time for mine, had test driven a 60 series Tojo and a Series 2 Disco before i hppened upon my one.

Two owner vehicle, the first being a retiree who used it to tour in and then a librarian(I shit you not) who used it to commute with her dogs.

Bargained her down to $4500, due to it "pulling to the left"(yes, I know, a patrol that pulls to the left, never been seen before, lol).

I drove it once and was hooked, but you just have to make sure you are on the ball, check all the checkables and know your shit before you rock up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast