Thread: RB30 Conversion Problems

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RB30 Conversion Problems

Ive brought a 97 Patrol with a RB30 conversion and have found a few issues with the wiring.

First i found a few wires that werent tapped up.

Second the interior light wont turn on unless the ignition is turned to accessorys.
    I found the wire in the fue box and was going to run a 12v constant to it.
    When i did this the fuel pump primed which i dont think should happen.

Third the taco doesnt work in the dash. If i want to put an aftermarket guage in it then would i wire the signal wire to the computer or distributator?

Forth the oil pressure guage doesnt work. the sensor has only one connection, if i earth that wire out the oil light is on. With it connected its faded?

Fifth I was given a cb radio with the car and when i was at supercheap i accidentally brought a uhf antenna, can someone confirm if I have to buy either another antenna or radio?

Thats it for now let me know if anyone can help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was in the patrol to begin with.

Is the RB30 EFI or carby? The tacho pick point is the wire between the dissy and coil. The other wire will have volts, to work pout which unplug the coil and measure the volts at the coil connector - use the wire that does not have volts.

You need to seperate out the interlight wire and runnit stright to a constant power souce.

Your have a oil pressure light senor fitted, Tridon tps17?) try a TPS067 see http://www.tridon.com.au/ for the gauge

If you have a UHF cb radio - then a UHF CB antenna will be ok. Look up the model of the radio to confirm if its uhe or HF (am)
    1991 GQ LWB 4.2 Carby dual fuel, 32 mud claws, 2 inch lift, LSD's front and back

And its Toooooooo High for the Ball & chain

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if its a efi motor they dont have a oil pressure sender unit on them you need to fit one they normally just have a oil pressure switch to operate the light on the dash