Thread: Nissan Radio PIN

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nissan Radio PIN

I had reason to disconnect the battery in my Patrol today, which of course means that the Nissan radio now only shows 'CODE' when I switch it on. I have the PIN code handily written in the handbook by the previous owner (Telstra), together with instructions in the 'Audio Handbook' of how to input the code.

BUT

The PIN has a 0 (zero) in it. The handbook only tells me how to put in combinations of 1, 2, 3, & 4.
    How do I include a zero in the 4 digit PIN? I'm sure it must be simple when yoiu know.

Thanks
    Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pin numbers are the number of times you push the buttons 1,2,3,4.
    EG, if the first pin no is 6, you push button no 1 six times.
    pin no two is 3, push button no. 2 three times and so on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh the penny drops I think ........... so if say the number was 3076 I just wouldn't touch button number two? Correct?

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just try it mate, you get 51 attemps 2 get it right*L*
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if you have sorted your PIN code yet. GUtsy ute is right - the PIN number is the number of times that you push the buttons 1 , 2 , 3 & 4. To get a 0 you push the appropriate button 10 times - on the tenth push you get a 0. Eg if your PIN code is 5060 you push button 1 - 5 times , button 2 - 10 times , button 3 - 6 times & button 4 - 10 times.
    If you get it right your radio will come on ( untuned of course).
    Hope this helps.
    PS sorry if this reply appears more than once - my 'net connection is a bit dodgy at the moment & I don't know if my reply as been posted.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Old Wal, I've sorted it. I found that just not pushing the button which needed a zero worked ok. ie with your example of 5060 - push button one 5 times & button three 6 times & I get 5060.

Regards
    Cuppa

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries , you have just taught me another thing that I didn't know.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many different Nissan radio code models and solutions are available online!