User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roof racks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at the Tigerz11 Aluminium rack. 20 less KG in weight. Haven't got the alloy one but i do have the Steel one. I will admit the rack came with the wrong bracket for one corner but a quick phone call and a new one was on the way.
    Scotty B | Take it Off Road or Take it Back
    3.0L GUIV 2005 - TIG Welded Intercooler, NADS, Redarc Dual Battery, Additional rear power socket, 2" Lift (Ironman constant load foam cell), Electronic Trailer Brake Controller, Steel Bullbar, 12,000lb Winch, UHF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the windcheater alloy rack, brilliant rack, flexible and tough as. Lots of slots for mounting brackets, easy to add custom brackets top and bottom. Heavy duty mounting feet and no rust, no wind noise and light. Will carry up to manufacturers gutter weight. Not cheap!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link? Haha

Tappin trolls
    Brendan
    If you're following this Patrol, Stop... You're not gonna make it

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a full length arb second hand for $40 - gut wanted 60 and I beat down
    1991 GQ LWB 4.2 Carby dual fuel, 32 mud claws, 2 inch lift, LSD's front and back

And its Toooooooo High for the Ball & chain

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's bargains out there, good buy!

I fitted mine this weekend, bloody good thing, it has a mount on the back for a reverse light, which I really like, as it's bloody hard to see out the back in the night. Bit fiddly lining it all up but it's on and secured, will reposition it later this week when I have a mate to help me get it straight.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm going to go for rhino racks, just 2 bars at the moment to carry my kayak, rods, and shovel. :-) then ill get a tray for it when I need to

Tappin trolls
    Brendan
    If you're following this Patrol, Stop... You're not gonna make it

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 4 rhino heavy duty bars, with the full length alloy tray (2.4m x 1.2m). It's very versatile for our trips when we need it, although next will be a bag for it (a lot easier than trying to secure each item individually).
    We got them all second hand (2 bars for $100, and 2 bars plus tray for $350 from a mate).
    Love the options with the rhino bars for adding things to it - and even with the size of the tray, it's easy for 2 of us to lift it up there. Would prob struggle to do it alone though.
    2006 GU ST 3.0td manual. CTEK 250S Dual Battery - Ironman 65L Ice Cube - Pioneer AVH-3600DAB - Tough Dog Adj 45mm Shocks, springs and HD steering damper - Airtec Snorkel - King Brown 3" exhaust

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    If I was able to afford it right now, if get 3 rhino bars and a full length ally cage, I like the versatlity and ease of removal.............. got a full length ally cage rack at the mo but its a pain to put on and remove....... needs two people.Not able to keep it on permanently coz it the Q wont fit in the garage.....
    A little off topic boys but thought it worth mentioning.

If your Patrol fits inside your garage or under a carport and there is enough room to hang your rack and drive your Patrol under without touching it while hanging, get yourself 4 - 6 lengths of chain and secure them to the roof/rafters of your garage/carport and all you need to do to remove and then install your rack is to drive under and undo the rack from the roof of your Patrol and lift each corner say 6 inches and hook it to the chain. Repeat this until your rack is suspended and you can drive away. To install the rack, just reverse these instructions.

Only needs one bloke then to install or remove the rack.

Cheers,

Rob
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rkinsey For This Useful Post:

SammiGQ (24th July 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys i just bought roof racks for $60 load rated for 40kgs seem ok 2 bars light weight im gonna get a screen door to use as my cage and make my own side rails should b able to do it for less than $200 all up now thats cheap im only using for my tents and other light gear tho depends on what ya wanna carry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12