Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Patrol & loss of power & other issues

Hi guys,

I have an 06 3.0ltr GUIV, and so far have these mods.

DP Chip
    3" exhaust
    EGT and Boost Gauges

When over taking at around 120km's/hr I notice that I will have a sudden loss of power with foot flat to the floor.
    The dyno guys seemed to think it was not enough fuel getting to the engine. DP Chip at setting 7.
    If I have the chip at setting 6 it doesn't seem to have this issue, so could it be fuel starvation? Also I have heard some talk on a "lift pump". What exactly does this do and is it worthwhile?
    I am looking at blocking the EGR on my days off.

I have noticed that when cruising at highway speeds my boost will get up to 20 and if I apply some accelerator it drops back down, what causes this issue?

Another thing I have noticed is that occassionally my hazard lights will come on but as a constant light and not flashing, when this happens I cannot indicate or anything! Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like an issue with the DP Chip then. I would contact them to see whats going on.
    1984 MK Anniversary Model, LWB,SD33,Air-Con,P/S,Straight Body,Minimal Rust.........Not Bad For Free

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Muzza, I used to run the DP Chip on 7 in my old 2007 GU and never experienced any of those issues, like Chops said contact DP Chip and see if they have heard of your issues before.
    Is the DP Chip a plug and play type, if so, just remove it and see if there is any difference.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, remove the chip and see what effect that has.
    Then check engine codes, this can be done manually using instructions found elsewhere on this forum, or by your Nissan dealer.

When you experience the power loss, does it return if you lift off the accelerator then reapply it? If the power does return when you do this, then you are experiencing limp home mode.
    There can be a number of different things that can trigger limp mode. Excessive boost, turbo spooling too quickly, dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, faulty boost sensor to name a few.
    ZD30DI motors are very sensitive to airflow changes. Fitting a big exhaust on its own with no other mods, can affect the way the turbo spools up and boost levels. For this reason I do not recommend blocking your EGR at this stage.
    Refer to the Reference document found on this forum for more information.

I can't help with the hazard lights, I have not come across that before.

Tony

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogman View Post
    Hey Muzza, I used to run the DP Chip on 7 in my old 2007 GU and never experienced any of those issues, like Chops said contact DP Chip and see if they have heard of your issues before.
    Is the DP Chip a plug and play type, if so, just remove it and see if there is any difference.
    Unfortunately its not a plug and play type but had to be hard wired in, I am thinking that maybe the hazard lights are somehow linked to the alarm system! But am unsure, it at present does not affect the drivability at all.

I might email/phone DP and see if they have any records of similar things happening.

Cheers guys.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muzza22au View Post
    Unfortunately its not a plug and play type but had to be hard wired in, I am thinking that maybe the hazard lights are somehow linked to the alarm system! But am unsure, it at present does not affect the drivability at all.

I might email/phone DP and see if they have any records of similar things happening.

Cheers guys.
    Good idea & keep us posted on the outcome please

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned