User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2" lift quote differences

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I guess it's clear that not many Patrologists like Ironman or TJM and nearly everyone seems to favour OME, not much mention of Koni's.
    I have been a fan on Koni shocks for most of my cars(sedans), so not clear in the 4wd stakes.
    I hate sales people cos they sell their products as the best in the market and dog the rest of them. ( especially Ironman and Tough dog).
    Hmmmm......... I don't have a Tough dog quote yet. RDO tomorrow, let's see what they have to say."

I`m running "dobinson springs and Koni shocks" 2" lift. The ride is superb. I was advised to put sway bay extension on the rear, so went to arb, they sell a kit for about $25.00. Look up Zordos suspension. He is great. He is very helpfull and want try too sell you crap you don`t need. I also agree about caster corection. Not needed unless you are going more than 3". Good Luck.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to confuse me some more but was looking at the Rancho adjustable shocks and thought this is a good idea for a social 4wdriver. From I understand I can turn a dial to make the suspension soft and flexible for off road use or turn it up to make it firm and stiff for on road use. Am I correct in my diagnosis or am I totally wrong.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Just to confuse me some more but was looking at the Rancho adjustable shocks and thought this is a good idea for a social 4wdriver. From I understand I can turn a dial to make the suspension soft and flexible for off road use or turn it up to make it firm and stiff for on road use. Am I correct in my diagnosis or am I totally wrong.
    I had rancho 9000 adjustables in my ute when it had 2 inch lift they were pretty good but the adjusters seized as the do apparently. usually you can dial in adjustable to suit your tastes. then its a matter of set and forget.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caster for 2" Is sometimes needed, as every chassie is different.
    My Mav was one of these.
    And 2" constant load springs, gave more like 3" lift anyway so caster would be needed.
    We had constant load springs and needed 3 deg caster correction.
    We opted to go 2" LPG rated springs instead, and this lowered Mav alot and the 2 deg caster correction was on the money for this vehicle.
    So getting a wheel alignment and make an informed decision on what you need, "caster wise", it will save you some grief.
    Make sure you get a print out from the alignment so you have the facts to work with.
    2x alignments to get it right is cheaper in the long run by miles.
    Cheers
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was sort of ready to go ahead with OME with tax money and was hopeful I'd have enough left over for tyres. But the sounder on the boat had gone up to sh*t so need this first. It has the highest priority and importance.
    So sounder first and maybe OME but I really want to change tyres at the same time.
    Bloody hell I hate when shit breaks down.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Correct Mick, I have the older Rancho adjaustables sitting in the garage from when I had my 4inch lift, you can also get ones that you can adjust from in the cab if you have an air compressor
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 inch Dobinsons coils at worst $90 each plus Dobinsons Shocks @$140 each ,i sell them every week no problem to customers where i work . i have got them on my patrol . wait to get the steering dampner for when you need one , dobinsons one are only $125 anyway , then get a wheel align when you get your tyres ,You dont need castor correction kits or longer stabilizer links or adjustable arms or links or panhards for that lift ,personal opinions often drive these sales people and not always experience, i work with a guy who sells lift kits and he doesn,t even go offroad ever ,he uses his 4wd for the boat ramp , dont get your needs and wants mixed up and definately fix any other issues with your 4wd before changing the height of it ,
    hope that helps ,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookpa View Post
    Don't get your needs and wants mixed up,
    hope that helps ,
    How true is this saying, so easy to just get caught up in 4x4 mania.
    Cheers buddy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MEGOMONSTER For This Useful Post:

NoRush (18th September 2014)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted a 2 inch Suspension Stuff flexi coil Kit about 3 weeks ago, and should be picking up the remaining 2 Front shocks tomorrow and fitting them.
    Patrol went up about 85m on average each corner, the barwork and original springs had severely lowered car. Happy with the ride highly and handling so far, will be getting a wheel alignment once front springs are in.

Very happy with the service and advice from the guys at Suspension Stuff, and well priced for our needs and budget.
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate of mine just got a OME 2" lift on his Patrol and was astonished as to how high his truck was now. The old springs or shocks must have been shot to shit as he got a whopping 89mm at the rear after his 2" lift. Almost got a 4" lift from when he took it in. Looks so much nicer now. Sorry he didn't send me any pics.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast