Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

g'day guys!

hey guys my name is ash.
    ive been a member of the forum for some time now but i have never written an intro thread..

i drive a white 1996 GQ patrol LWB. its a DX version of the manual 6 cyl 2.8 litre turbo diesel. my insurance company tried to tell me that a 2.8 litre DX didn't exist but a quick phone call to nissan with my vin and engine number confirmed that the do in fact exist.
    i purchased the wagon from a dealer in bendigo in immaculate condition with only 160,000 klm on the clock.
    the 4wd was purchased as a very stock standard vehicle with only a few minor accesories including
    small driving lights, nudge bar, cargo barrier, roof rack, dual battery system a very old uhf radio and an electronic brake kit.
    IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg

since purchasing the 4wd i have fitted:
    red arc battery isolator
    new century hybrid marine battery as me secondary battery
    gauge pod
    autron boost and egt gauge and dual battery monitor gauge
    alpine head unit
    black duck canvas seat covers
    tinted windows
    boost controller
    2.75 inch beaudeasert exhaust system no muffler
    4-5 inch superior engineering SUFERFLEX suspension kit
    15x8 inch black steel rims
    33x12.50x15 cooper discover stt's

i install all of these accessories myself and do most of the modifications myself not only to save money but because i really enjoy it. and the money i do save on installation means i can buy much better bits.

IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg

i will also be building my own front bar, side steps and hopefully rear bar as i am a welder by trade and can save a lot of money by building these vital accessories myself.

i want to build this 4wd more as a tourer rather than a bush basher. i have many many future plans for this truck the list is far to long to mention but first off ill be putting a snorkel, compressor and at least a front locker.. plus some camping and storage accessories.

hope you have enjoiyed reading my into thread and look forward to your feedback and seeing you out on the tracks..

here is a photo of what my 4wd looks like at the moment
    IMG_0273.jpg
    Last edited by ashleylipus; 27th June 2012 at 05:18 PM.