OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dingo identification

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    good write up, Wonder whether it will flow on to other States to allow feral control in the forrests etc??
    Rather than hijack Stet's dingo thread, take a peak at the hunting in national parks thread?

It has been done in SA national parks for some years. Reports are positive. WHile I say the reports are positive, I think Stets has 2 concerns, that NSW will do it differently in their nat parks, allowing less disciplined shooting - indeed, unauthorised 'open slather'. The other, I think, might be that officialdom might put wild dogs, or even specifically, dingos, onto the list of target animals. Is that right, Stets?
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome write up mate. Some really cool pics there. I have never seen a dingo in the wild (not too common here!)

Tap, crackle, pop
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct silver. Both are serious concerns. I have tried talking to the environment minister and well ..... let's just say I won't ever get to have my say there.

Wild dogs are on the control list, not dingoes, but the vast majority of people couldn't tell the difference between a dingo and a wild dog.

I have some good friends with 4 alpine dingoes. 1x orange male, 1x orange female, 1x white female, and 1x black and tan female. All pure and bred in captivity. They also have the brother of my desert dingo.

Photos have been arranged and will be coming shortly.

Tap,tap,tapping in your head

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In SA, you may as well call that state a write off. All dogs especially dingoes are a target! Let's hope nsw does do it differently!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would expect an official white paper before this goes live.....then again we know the government.

I am hopeful these issues have been taken into consideration and there will be some further notice of the exact plan before it takes effect

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in WA, but I know of 2 doggers that packed up weeks ago headed to nsw for dog control, employed by the government. So it wouldn't surprise me if that was in preparation for this. Haven't been able to reach them though to discuss it

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hadn’t seen this thread before. Great info & a great set of pics. Thank you Stets if you are still around.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stets has not been around for a while Cuppa, the dingo in most of the photos is Turbo his dingo, Turbo got injured last week by some lowlife but is recovering nicely.
    Turbo is such a placid dingo, I have met him on several occasions.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (4th August 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info here, he's got a wealth of information in him. If I take my pup out anywhere, I get about a thousand people asking if they can pat the Dingo - its relentless but does highlight just how many people have a fixed perception of what a Dingo looks like.

If he pops back on the thread I'll whack up a pic for him to pass comment on. FWIW, we think we have a tan Staffy x Kelpie.
    Great dealings with: Rex;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12