OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Law passed to allow hunting in NSW national parks

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bob,

The way forumites interact on here is what makes the place so special to me, and I think to others.

Congrats to the forumites, mods and AB!!
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

Bob (23rd June 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing wrong with a healthy debate about passionate issues, as long as people can accept others points of view with out getting angry, then all is well. this topic could have gone so much worse, but im glad it has stayed like it has.

personally, i think the biggest problem that this topic has opened up can be dealth with in a simple educating way. most of the problems discussed herein are rarely known issues. and at the very least, rarely discussed.

i do think though that the way this has gone should still stand.

reason.....

the new law has been passed via underhanded methods in direct relation to political propaganda surrounding power privatisation. this new law was wacked on to gain support from the shooters party. the shooters party rep has made a mockery of himself even by threatening a greens rep ... something along the lines of " if we didnt live in such a modern time, i would take you outside and beat you to death" to me that really pinpoints the sole intentions of the shooters party. it would seem that the shooters party is fighting to not be regulated by conservation legislation, and that they would prefer an open slather of free shooting.

no where in this legislation does it mention hunting, everything seems to be mentioning only the feral animals and pest control side of things. in the wake of the chamberlain case, the government is openly declaring the dingo as a pest, refusing to accept its heritage in this country. however, that is only part of the problem, roos are being culled by the thousands in the ACT, dingoes are being targetted in SA and QLD, everything gets targetted in WA and NT (even though roos and dingoes are protected wildlife in the NT). so NSW has no reason not to follow suit and declare populations of native species as pests if they interfer with anything that society doesnt think they belong around.

this new law seems to be clearly a way to win votes by those that tend to hate politics the most, the redneck, rebelious, only in it for themselves type of people and some of us good folk that agree with some of the policies that the shooters party wants to fight for, like access to lands and waters, hunting rights etc. however, the good people arent all that the shooters party apeal too, and this is even more scary, as the shooters party now has complete control over which idea to support based on whi will give them what they want in return.

a complete fiasco, and our native species will be stuck in the middle. it wont matter if your a koala or a wombat, if you do something that causes an annoyance to someone, you will be next with crosshairs pointing at you.

please dont take this as pointing the finger at the many true hunters and lovers of the land so much, but, if the shoe fits, wear it.
    Last edited by stets; 22nd June 2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: found a better word to use in a sentence

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stets For This Useful Post:

Bob (23rd June 2012)

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well............

* as I said above, I think the model that will be followed in NSW National Parks will be the same as in South Australia, which apparently is a success and has avoided the open slather approach, and the shooting of animals not 'on the list'.

* I put to one side the debacle that is gangland/drug related shooting on the Gold Coast, South West Sydney and elsewhere as a completely different issue. I agree that there are some problem recreational shooters out there. As it turns out, I don't know any of them. there is an accreditation process for participants in the SA projects. I don't expect that gung ho problem shooters will get access to the NSW projects in National Parks.

* I agree that there is plenty of scope for improving the management and protection of native animals within and outside national parks. this kind of project has been acknowledged as a success in helping native animals and their habitats in SA.

* this kind of political wheeling and dealing is exactly how politics works - compromise or whatever less tasteful name you might want to use to describe it. The Democrats made an art form of it - look at the complexity of the GST legislation as an instance, and it is bread and butter to the Greens who have truly mastered it, in my view.

And I think I might bow out of the discussion now. But I probably won't be able to help myself, I'll still be reading any new posts :-)

Stets and others, once again, thanks for keeping it polite - we are a credit to the forum, I reckon. Lets make sure we keep it that way :-)

Cheers,

Rick
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

Bob (23rd June 2012), Sir Roofy (23rd June 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick, Stets............good to see u guys playing nicely on this topic

I am not a hunter and I do not have anything against hunting so have no real input here. But read with interest both sides.

I do have a question,which I'm sure you guys can answer: Is there a list somewhere of what NP are covered by this new law, I would assume its not all NP in NSW

Cheers

Toddie
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd i would think certain problem areas will be targeted not every park will be on the agenda
    where they ski will be a no go zone ,dams for town city willbe no go or have a200 metre boundry from the waters edge
    rec areas will be no go

and stets the only dogs i see hanging on the fences here have no dingo in them
    if any they are the most evil looking dog you can meet big ugly dangerous,the biggest worry here is that
    its only a matter of time that someone will be attacked wethere its a hunter or bush walker

my self i love seeing pure dingoes as you said there arent many left why hunt them
    its the crossbreds that have bred up over the years that are causeing stock losses

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd, the environment minister has total say what parks. Who knows just yet, but 79 out of 139 have been asked for.

Tap,tap,tapping in your head

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,

Think I will be pretty safe in my local NP then, Wouldn't catch me taking my kids for a bush walk in my NP knowing that allows hunting.

Would be good 2 see a list so I can stay clear of them
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roofy,

Hanging dogs is poor form in most peoples mind, but you are correct, pure dingoes are a rarity, that's why they need to be protected. The individual state gov's all have different laws too.
    In nsw, there is no real protection at all. It used to be national parks were safe.

Question for you all.

Other than the "orange" colour, can any of you recognize a pure dingo?

Many crosses are orange as well. There are pure black and tan dingoes known in nsw, white dingoes too. Various sizes depending on the genes that bore them.

Feral dogs are a pest for sure and I'd be first in life to promote culling these. But I don't know many shooters that can tell the difference through a scope. And definitely not in the time it takes for it to realize it's lined up and takes off.

In the wake o these new laws, I will start a new thread highlighting the visual differences between pure and cross breds. Education is the best defense they will have now.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stets For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (23rd June 2012), macca (17th August 2012), Silver (23rd June 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi stets tell me mate,your so passionate on this subject
    are you breeding dingos have dingos as a pet ? i have heard of a property near me
    that are suppose tobe breeding them here ill check up on it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roofy,

I have many friends throughout the country that have domesticated dingoes, an I have one myself.

I have not bred mine as I refuse to cross breed and until a 100% suitable female comes around, I won't breed.
    My boy is a desert variety.

But know many people with alpines. Most are desexed though, as intact dingoes are very much a handful

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast