OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring is here ... and I can't find one!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chops - bucketing rain in Brissy and quite frankly, I've got cabin fever, so had the best Sunday I could whilst hanging around the house in the wet - still going (just checking in every now and then) - decided to build a toolbox/drawer for the back also - spur of the moment thing!!! Love to tinker ...
    Dogman - I could be a while away for the GQ springs, but I reckon I could make a great set with some Mr Magoo glue and paddle pop sticks!!! LOL (McGuiver style of course!!!).
    Thanks lads

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Bigrig, read the thread but it went straight over my head until now, are these the lights you are talking about for a 1992 GQ Ti Patrol???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogman View Post
    Hey McGuiver, can you make me a set of springs for my GQ out of a pen spring please lololol
    Seriously well done mate, will have to remember that tip if I ever require one myself
    Are you after a set of springs???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Woof (10th October 2010)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Chops - bucketing rain in Brissy and quite frankly, I've got cabin fever, so had the best Sunday I could whilst hanging around the house in the wet
    I love days like that, tinkering in the pouring rain, love to have some rain here.

Edit: For people in Brisbane, BOM have just issued a Severe Weather Warning for tonight........lucky buggers.
    Last edited by Chops; 10th October 2010 at 09:16 PM.
    1984 MK Anniversary Model, LWB,SD33,Air-Con,P/S,Straight Body,Minimal Rust.........Not Bad For Free

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bigrig, I hope you havn't violated any patents!! ha ha

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    Are you after a set of springs???
    No Todd just winding up people as usual mate, I just can't help it sometimes, but thanks for the inquiry mate
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogman View Post
    No Todd just winding up people as usual mate, I just can't help it sometimes, but thanks for the inquiry mate
    No worries, have a set of 4inch Dobinsons springs sitting in the shed....was thinking about selling them but at the same time thinking its about time i put them back in....one of these days..... just cant be bothered atm.... no real need for them..... you can conquer anything in a stantand gq patrol anyway *L*

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd - that's exactly what I was after old mate - I ended up pulling mine completely apart, resoldering just about every wire, and as said 'constructing' a spring to suit - works a treat now!!! Someone had it apart previously (don't know why) coz the insides were a mess, and they left screwdriver marks where they had tried to pull it apart (without removing the screws first I dare say!!) ... oh well, it was a good Sunday after all ...

Chops - absolutely pissing down up here - I live in the bayside area and we've had about 6 inches of rain in the last 24 hours ... unbelievable - wettest Sept in 12 years, and Brisbane has already exceeded it's average for October!!! Feel for you guys over there - I got a couple of mates in Perth and Manjimup who are both 'men of the land' so no doubt they are praying for a bit.

Ferret - don't think so mate, although I reckon I broke the record for profanities whilst I was doing it!!! The missus didn't know a little spring could have so many alternative names!!! LOL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about half way through the toolbox also - I'll post some pics this week - rough job (built the whole frame this arvo), but essentially, I didn't want drawers as I've got 4 kids and 3 dogs, so the seven seats are needed to be down all the time. What I decided to do is build a semi-permanent box with a flip top lids with key locks (security) to house the tools and recovery gear on one side, and fluids (oil, water, coolant, power steering/brake fluid, fire extinguisher, etc) on the other - split roughly 2/3 to the tools etc and 1/3 to the fluids. Going to spray the inside with rubberised waterproofing paint (or whatever it's called) and finish the outside with a dark carpet/felt finish similar to the drawer systems out there. Lets me keep all the gear in the car, carry the dogs on top if needs be, and stop all my gear flying around on every decent bump (using the tie down hook holes to fix it in place) ... rough and ready, but practicle, and at least I can say I had a lash ...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Going to spray the inside with rubberised waterproofing paint (or whatever it's called)
    There is some gear called Raptor Spray on Bed Liner which comes in a kit. Apparently you can get it from Auto Pro & Auto One stores, and it apparently retails for around $260.

1984 MK Anniversary Model, LWB,SD33,Air-Con,P/S,Straight Body,Minimal Rust.........Not Bad For Free

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chops For This Useful Post:

Bigrig (11th October 2010)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast