Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GU 3 litre "hand grenade" engine

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a 2006 will have the relevant improvements done to it as standard? I have had it a couple of months now, used it for towing dirt bike on a trailer, goes well, far better on the juice than the old Prado. I am very happy indeed.
    I do have one niggle though, the bloody speedo is out a fair bit, I was doing bang on 100ks the other day and I was pulled over and done by the filth, I was gunned doing 106ks. It is totally standard, on standard tires. I have checked it since with my GPS, and yes it deffo out.
    GPS is now the speedo of choice for this Patrol owner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you readers/contributors: It seems the Provent is designed to collect oil vapors especially when the engine shuts down. Maybe an alternative solution is to block the vent tube ONLY when the engine is off so the vapor is contained in the crank-case. To that end I have located a 20 mm 12 volt electric air valve that can be put into the vent line before it enters the air intake. Part is VA-12 and Costs $50 plus shipping from "Hornblasters.com
    This system will allow the oil vapor to flow to the turbo (upper cylinder lube) but not to the MAF sensor. Any comments on why this is a bad idea

koxxwasp--the EGR is a pollution control system, does not do much for performance, and is illegal to remove. :-)
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2006 is exactly on at 100k according to my GPS--guess it is the luck of the draw.
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 01 GU has never missed a beat. Intercoolers are prone to cracking an splitting so thats one thing to look at. I all ways treat my trol with respect and it has rewarded me 10 fold. They just need a bit of care and they will last forever.
    2001 GU series II 3.0 TD.
    2" lift
    Dual Battery System
    ARB Snorkel
    Awesome car!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123