Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't let the government ban 4WDing

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here here Madm4n, you like most of us, do the right thing the vast majority of the time - where do they get these supposed stats against 4wd's from anyway? - yes I know, insurance claims. I personally would like to see the statistics regarding 4wd accidents relevant to normal car accidents, and most certainly compared to motorcycle accidents (anyone seen the sign lately that "motorcycle riders are 38 times more likely to have a serious accident than a car" - no BS, that is the one doing the rounds, and that IS the number they use). What I'd like to see most is a breakdown of the number of 4wd related 'incidents' that involve 4wd's that are rarely (if ever) used off-road. My point being, the number is certainly exacerbated by the number of mums out there using the bigger vehicles as a kiddie carrier (based on number of seats, and/or perception of safety) and being involved in smaller accidents, pedestrian knock overs, etc, which would have no doubt bumped the number up ... more analysis is needed along with a whole lot of common sense ... hopefully common sense is what will prevail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about this BS that Bulbars kill.... Just another ploy to make the buck stop with us... Unfortunately i'm sick of being a scape goat for the governments empty promises... We need to stand united and fight this ridiculas policy for being passed by Government... There is nothing wrong with the way my 4wd drives, stops, corners or handles... AB can we come to some plan to send an email patition to the government using the forum's name????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MADM4N View Post
    We need to stand united and fight this ridiculas policy for being passed by Government...
    Unless you get the majority of the 4WD population behind it, unfortunately the Government wont give a stuff.
    1984 MK Anniversary Model, LWB,SD33,Air-Con,P/S,Straight Body,Minimal Rust.........Not Bad For Free

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Here here Madm4n, you like most of us, do the right thing the vast majority of the time - where do they get these supposed stats against 4wd's from anyway? - yes I know, insurance claims. I personally would like to see the statistics regarding 4wd accidents relevant to normal car accidents, and most certainly compared to motorcycle accidents (anyone seen the sign lately that "motorcycle riders are 38 times more likely to have a serious accident than a car" - no BS, that is the one doing the rounds, and that IS the number they use). What I'd like to see most is a breakdown of the number of 4wd related 'incidents' that involve 4wd's that are rarely (if ever) used off-road. My point being, the number is certainly exacerbated by the number of mums out there using the bigger vehicles as a kiddie carrier (based on number of seats, and/or perception of safety) and being involved in smaller accidents, pedestrian knock overs, etc, which would have no doubt bumped the number up ... more analysis is needed along with a whole lot of common sense ... hopefully common sense is what will prevail.
    About 6months ago i lived across the road from a guy that worked for the RTA, he said that there was no statistics and it was all a load of bs been pushed by a pedestrian safety committee....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Unless you get the majority of the 4WD population behind it, unfortunately the Government wont give a stuff.
    And even then they wont give a stuff

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not the first time this subject has come up & the fact it has returned again means its more than likely going to come up time after time & one day may even come to pass but I think we all wish that day never comes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    This is not the first time this subject has come up & the fact it has returned again means its more than likely going to come up time after time & one day may even come to pass but I think we all wish that day never comes.
    very true, not the first, wont be the last and one day they will win unfortunately.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    About 6months ago i lived across the road from a guy that worked for the RTA, he said that there was no statistics and it was all a load of bs been pushed by a pedestrian safety committee....
    That sounds about right ... typical ...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Australian government WILL loose alot of money from out of this, if it does get passed (hope it never does), We pay tax on all our mods, plus we keep Australian jobs going with our mods. The aftermarket sales will drop very quickly, did they think of that... NO. They will loose alot of revenue by doing this and alot of companies will have to close there doors, which will mean more unemployment.
    Plus in reguards to the "statistics" they are using, do people relise that those All Wheel Drive cars come under that heading of '4wd', that includes those wrx, impreza etc rice burners. It is unfair as to why REAL 4WD'S are mixed in with them. We dont drag race or drive dangerously, but we are just a big target for them. Just wait, soon we will have to ask the government if we can wipe our butts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razzerback View Post
    Just wait, soon we will have to ask the government if we can wipe our butts
    And if they say yes we will have to pay tax on it *L*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast