OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera - wildlife/game/trail for camp security

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera - wildlife/game/trail for camp security

A mate does a bit of camping where he is often away from camp all day, fishing or whatever.

He had what I thought was a good idea - won't stop theft, but might help recover the gear. He bought one of these cameras to record the crime, if there is one.

The cameras use passive infra red like security lights/alarms, to decide whether to take a picture. You can tell it to take still or video, or both and it works at night as well.

The trick would be in putting the camera where it captures rego plates etc, and maybe faces, without also being obvious.

Aldi have one at the moment that in my view is real value for money at $130 with the features it has. You will have to ask for it, as it went on special yesterday, and has not found its way into the display cabinet where the electronic toys normally go - at least at our local Aldi.

Shame this kind of stuff comes up for consideration. We have been lucky so far, only lost a billy hook so far, that a clown tried to use to recover his keys locked into his own car. When he couldn't do it, he had a hissy fit and chucked it into the scrub. Made me kinda reluctant to help him with his problem................ but we all have hissy fits from time to time. We never did find that billy hook :-(
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh they are good, but yeh won't stop the theft and chances of recovery very slim.

GPS tracking on things is the way 2 go
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mate of mine has a few setup around his property, they are pretty cool. He's already handed the video in to the coppers foor guys cutting his gate locks, driving through his gates, ets. Picks up the number plate nicely...he's got the cammo colours so blend in well.

Wildlife is just amazing, we even got sambar deer on vid...pretty cool

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, we set one up on a game pad.

Ama2ing how much use the pad got! and quiet as the camera is in operation, a couple of sows heard it, looked directly at the camera, then ignored it and went about their business with their mob of piglets.

It gives a good idea of when the animals are active. In this case, surprisingly late into the morning!

I'll have to follow up GPS tracking - know absolutely nothing about it.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cabela's in the US sell heaps of them, very good items. Never thought to get 1 though for camping or around the house but as I understand it, it can be viewed via smartphone or tablet as well which is a bonus
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate I can hook yours and hekarewe's at the farm around the front dam with the deer prints and the back dam with the pig activity if you want
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca86 View Post
    mate I can hook yours and hekarewe's at the farm around the front dam with the deer prints and the back dam with the pig activity if you want
    i will take you up on that macca would love to see what we are missing lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    Cabela's in the US sell heaps of them, very good items. Never thought to get 1 though for camping or around the house but as I understand it, it can be viewed via smartphone or tablet as well which is a bonus
    I think those ones are a step up in features and price than we are looking at here. For fixed stuff around the home there are other camera solutions that store on sight on a hard drive, or transmit, including to mobile phones etc.

I've read about game cameras like you mention, oncedisturbed, that talk to mobiles too. That has obvious security applications - and would generate some excitement in the field. 'Quick, camera 5 on game trail 3 is showing porky activity, nice boar..... lets go!' Crikey!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

game cam trail

tried out the game cam in the back yard not bad image i like the one where cat realises its been busted
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can I shoot it??? Silver and hekarewe I can pick your cameras up on wed week and have them up on the 5th to the 7th of july and give them back at the rainbow beach meet if my drowned patrol is ok and drop yours silver on the way back home
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast