User Tag List

Thread: Border Track SA/Vic

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Border Track SA/Vic

Gday guys, I went up there as far as Red Bluff campsite yesterday with a few from my 4wd club to see what needed pruning on the southern section of the track south of the park boundary.

At the Red Bluff campsite heaps of trees have been cut down (for firewood obviously) and last time I camped there a ranger visited in the morning and said he's sick of fixing the damage and vandalism that's being done at this campsite and they were considering closing it off altogether.

Since I last camped there about a year ago heaps more trees have been cut down.
    There are even signs at each entrance to tracks leading to Red Bluff stating that your own firewood is to be taken to the campsite.

Red Bluff camp is in the Big Desert Wilderness Area (not the state park or forest so no trees are allowed to be used for firewood)

If you see anyone vandalising or cutting trees in the campsite get their rego's and report them to Vic Parks. The ranger said they will keep it open if they can prosecute more of the offenders as the fines help their costs to do repairs and travel etc.

I dont want to see this campsite closed.
    I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bordertech For This Useful Post:

Stropp (17th June 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement