Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU Battery Charging Issue

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your help. I am now going to have to get an auto sparky, this is now way over my head and i cant find the path of the wiring. Guess no 4wdriving this weekend I will let you know what the result is so you can have it for future knowledge incase it happens to someone else lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, let us know how you get on. Hopefully they can sort it out for you quick smart.

Cheers Rodney

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rodney i am still playing with it and have discovered a red wire that comes off the battery that goes to a fuse, then this connects to a black box that is earthed to the side of the inside of the engine bay. This black box has BOSCH on it. I dont know what this is for. Do you have any idea. The fuse in this red wire looks a little melted so could this cause the problem. Another person has had a look and said it has nothing to do with it. I have put 2 new batteries in just incase it was one of those that was causing issues. Thanks Ben

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Possibly a relay for something like spotlights, are you able to post a picture?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good 2 see someone not giving up.

Did you get the PDF file 2 work???
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to post pics but it wouldnt work. I have discovered the red cable and black box are the wiring for the battery display inside the car. I have replaced the fuse with another and played around a bit more and tested and still nothing. So i am now giving up and i will have to call auto electrician lol at least i have eliminated a heap of possible things so it will make it easier for the lecky. Thanks so much for your help

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What file size are the pics, anything over 1.9MB will not upload 2 the forum, most Digital camera's u will find the file size is over the 1.9MB

You may need 2 reduce the photo's before uploading them.

Cheers

Todd

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't got a Nissan Patrol wiring diagram but I would love to get my hands on one. I'll give you what I can think of.
    In some electrical charging circuits, the alternator light is connected to the exciter circuit of the alternator (turns it on) so if the globe fails, the circuit cannot excite / turn the alternator on and thus it will not produce current for charging.
    When the ignition key is turned, current flows from the battery, throught the ignition switch (dash etc) via the warning light (or the reverse) and earths out through the alternator internally.
    As I said, not sure if the Patrol has the same as circuits that I have played with over the past years, but I woul be checking the globe in the dash.
    The alternator requires current flow to produce a magnetic field and create energy.
    Are you certain the new alternator works correctly?
    Ensure the surfaces where it mounts to the engine etc are clean and that a good earth is present.
    There are more checks I can think of but it's hard to type it in.
    Does the alt get ignition power?
    Does the alt get B+ power from battery?
    What is the resistance from battery - post to alternator body?

Let us know what it is?
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lieney For This Useful Post:

Bozanceroz (14th September 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieney View Post
    I haven't got a Nissan Patrol wiring diagram but I would love to get my hands on one.
    You do know you can download it from the manual section of the forum

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lieney, Here is where i have got to. I am getting some charge from alternator but not enough i am only getting 11.8 from alternator on high idle. I have checked every fuse and the way my car has been wired there is ALOT of fuses lol. I have changed them all and no change. I have checked all wiring i can see, i have pulled the dash out and checked all wiring. I have replaced alternator and getting exact same reading as previous alternator. I have also replaced batteries with 2 brand new batteries just in case. I have checked all earths pulled them off cleaned them. Now with all my mucking around my dual battery control unit inside the car has decided to stop working. I can hear it click on with ignition but the display is not working. This item is wired to a relay then to the battery and earth. I dont know if this is at all relevant that it has decided to not work. I have had a few mates one who is an electrician have a look and he cant come up with any solution. I know it is going to be something completely stupid but nothing is standing out. I have checked resistance from every angle possible lol i have the dash out so i will check the globe in the morning. Its basically the last thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast