Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engineers Certificate??

Hey there,
    i currently own a 4.8lt 2003 gu,im wanting to buy a 3in lift kit for it and run 33s under it,now as it states on the vic roads web site im going to need a VASS approved engineers certificate.Iv done a little bit of ringing about and got on to a bloke in melbourne and he said roughly $2500 :-(,Just wondering if anyone has got one,where from,will a engineers cert also cover my tyre size?..
    Thanks guys,,interested on the feedback to this!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    before going down that path I would be looking at what you really want, 33's dont need to be engineered, 2" lift doesnt need engineering so why a 3" lift?, if you are going to get an engineer you should make it worthwhile, 4"-6" lift, 35's, suspension mods, guard mods, seat mods, do the lot under one inspection, then its worth 2.5k of your hard earned money, it is commonly thought that 33's & a 2" lift will do most things, this doesnt require anything more than shocks & springs, you are allowed to lift or lower your vehicle 50mm & go up one size only in tyres, Nissan standard is 32" so 33" is the next size up,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read sticky!

by the looks of it, the laws in victoria have been relaxed and if your lift is from a reputable supplier, you may not need certification. have a good read of it, then make up your own mind as this is how i have interperated it.
    Sometimes it's the destination, but usually its the journey!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just curious, ive got a gq swb so does that mean im fine with 33s? im in the same situation in nsw 3inch lift 33s but ive also got a 1inch bodylift, im still decide if i should get it engineered or drop its height but def want to keep the 33s