OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of the sport of Airsoft? Or interested in trying to get legalised?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    yea i have seen a vid or two on youtube about it man i would love if it came here im a huge skirmish nut and love getting shot up and doing double the damage back haha im all for it!
    That's what i'm talking about! LOL
    SPEED METAL NEVER WENT AWAY>>>>> ONLY OUR HEARING DID!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I am wrong but these firearms/weapons but definetly not toys are allowed as are bb guns air rifle and paintball guns under the weapons licensing act under a catogory A license as these fire arms are classed as such same as a .22 rimfire etc.
    So if you got your licence and played such sports on private land simular to the laws us hunters have to obide by like not in a public place and over a certian land size like 100 acres or something then there would be no problems with it but I may be wrong so don't quote me
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to macca86 For This Useful Post:

ozzymalone (18th June 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queenslad laws so I am right and wrong at the same time http://www.police.qld.gov.au/program...ftFirearms.htm

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca86 View Post
    Queenslad laws so I am right and wrong at the same time http://www.police.qld.gov.au/program...ftFirearms.htm
    Spot on there Macca with your thinking. It in theory SHOULD be allowed under such provisions (which i would be content to abide) however as you saw in your link they have a complete "blanket-ban" over importation regardless. I can understand the "threat" they pose as replica weapons however with the correct licensing procedures as per "regular firearms" it would be quite easy for Police to track down offenders who have used such devices in violent crime. I.E. Databases are quite easy to show who & whom have access to say a WW2 era Mosin Nagant, or whatever make of rifle it is attempting to replicate. This country has an understandable fear of auto-weapons & concealable weapons but I honestly dont see the risk of allowing a restricted number of items import lisence. (Say single shot, bolt action type "rifles" only). WDYT?

Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just make a version like a paint ball gun that does not look like any type of rifel and it could be a cat A weapon as you can have semi auto air fifles and paint ball guns under that catogory After all theses shootings and armed hold ups I feel you won't get your wish and the laws may even get tougher for myself who is a licenced shooter I'd imagine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to macca86 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point Macca we are looking into non-replicas also but the laws seem to be stringent regardless due to the type of projectile (regardless of fps power) and I suppose the "nature" of the activity. As a licensed shooter you would understand the stringent rules in place to protect the general public from such events as is happening out there (gun crime). Something must be done before it affects all of our rights. - Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just been reading through the website and the council have definetly done their homework. Very naive views as per usual from the gubbermint. There is no reason as to why they can not be implement the same as paintball guns / laws with usage at clubs (via endorsement) comps etc.
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had a look into them and they don’t seem to make a 50cal what a shame.
    it wouldn’t matter if they were replicas or not as long as they function like they do (better distance/ accuracy then a paintball gun) and as per paintball guns just need a licence and be in a club to deem it necessary to obtain one. I also don’t see them being any more dangerous than a paintball gun or any harder to manage licensing.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only it were as easy as that. The full licencing laws are intense took me 6 months from aplications to fire arms owner. Anything shorter than 150mm is a hand gun or conceled firearm so you'll never get them in as the laws for them are crazy. Any antique disabled or not or any replica or disabled military hard ware needs colectors or R licencing and good luck to you to get them. It suck as it is a sport but the government has no idea if I want illeagal stuff it wouldn't take me long to get it. It's not the licenced people who are the problem but the illeagal imports we are not a free society at all we've very much like caged animals in a zoo who think we're free

14. The Following User Says Thank You to macca86 For This Useful Post:

ozzymalone (20th June 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca86 View Post
    If only it were as easy as that. The full licencing laws are intense took me 6 months from aplications to fire arms owner. Anything shorter than 150mm is a hand gun or conceled firearm so you'll never get them in as the laws for them are crazy. Any antique disabled or not or any replica or disabled military hard ware needs colectors or R licencing and good luck to you to get them. It suck as it is a sport but the government has no idea if I want illeagal stuff it wouldn't take me long to get it. It's not the licenced people who are the problem but the illeagal imports we are not a free society at all we've very much like caged animals in a zoo who think we're free
    Here,Here..... Well said Macca

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast