OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of the sport of Airsoft? Or interested in trying to get legalised?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone heard of the sport of Airsoft? Or interested in trying to get legalised?

Has anyone seen Airsoft before? In a nutshell its an adult version of "Paintball/Skirmish" focusing on real world "war" strategy (Replica weapons using BB style ammo). Of course something like this is certainly NOT going to appeal to everyone but i solemnly believe it would be something to help a lot of people get off the couch and get fit [all while acting like children too ].

If interested please have a look online and see if it is something you oppose or support. All views welcomed.

If interested in supporting the legalization of Airsoft in QLD in particular please sign the online petition and get your voice heard....

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/wor...on?PetNum=1906

If you hate the idea of this as a sport or allowing it in to the country by all means voice your opinions. Cheers
    SPEED METAL NEVER WENT AWAY>>>>> ONLY OUR HEARING DID!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ozzymalone For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (13th June 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    be interesting to see if it ever happens, esp with the weapons they are replicating. Can't see it, myself
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

ozzymalone (14th June 2012)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea i have seen a vid or two on youtube about it man i would love if it came here im a huge skirmish nut and love getting shot up and doing double the damage back haha im all for it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be sweet if it came to oz
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not even allowed to have paint ball guns in Tassie

Tap, crackle, pop
    Hello from Under Down Under!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your interested in Airsoft, view this site as well: http://www.airsoftcouncil.com.au/ind...d=68&Itemid=89
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's is something I have been advised and have no reason to disbelieve:

Any electronic petitions are not submittable in any legal cases. All petitions must Contain the petitoners Full name, address and actual signature in written form when the application of petition is lodged.

So all these petitions we have all joined have only voiced our opions but, have not been able to form part of the official petition.

If any one can PROVE this wrong, I will be willing to forward to my source of information.

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Finly Owner For This Useful Post:

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tim, and others.

I wonder whether the point of a petition in this day and age is to get some spin doctor/advisor/? to the point where they think there are so many votes in an issue that they need to pay some attention to it? You never know, it might even get to the focus group/survey stage :-)

If so, that comes back to the credibility of the petition - and why lots of organisations with a point of view to put prefer individual letters, even if they are form letters, from constituents. A paper letter also shows that people are serious enough about an issue to get off their blots and take some action - no easy thing to achieve.

Whaddayareckon?
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Hi Tim, and others.

I wonder whether the point of a petition in this day and age is to get some spin doctor/advisor/? to the point where they think there are so many votes in an issue that they need to pay some attention to it? You never know, it might even get to the focus group/survey stage :-)

If so, that comes back to the credibility of the petition - and why lots of organisations with a point of view to put prefer individual letters, even if they are form letters, from constituents. A paper letter also shows that people are serious enough about an issue to get off their blots and take some action - no easy thing to achieve.

Whaddayareckon?
    Yep that would then make sense.

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finly Owner View Post
    Here's is something I have been advised and have no reason to disbelieve:

Any electronic petitions are not submittable in any legal cases. All petitions must Contain the petitoners Full name, address and actual signature in written form when the application of petition is lodged.

So all these petitions we have all joined have only voiced our opions but, have not been able to form part of the official petition.

If any one can PROVE this wrong, I will be willing to forward to my source of information. Tim
    Interesting Finly & this point would not suprise me in the slightest. This particular petition seemed to be a tad more legit as it required slightly more input than a simply "OK TO PROCEED" (Not much more mind you ) At this point I am a member of the airsoftcouncil in Australia & have personally forwarded my opinions across to my local member. They do seem to take note but with something like this with its inherent risk it is still a massive numbers game at this point in time. We live in a very conservative country so there is a lot of legal questions to come into play obviously. I am a huge supporter of "The Outdoors", not in a true "Green" sense by any stretch of the imagination but in a pro-outdoor living kind of way so I think if we can get people out of their chairs and running round the bush waving toy guns about, why not. Might help this "obesity" epidemic? Who knows?

Cheers.
    SPEED METAL NEVER WENT AWAY>>>>> ONLY OUR HEARING DID!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast