Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 33's or 35's??????

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thats a lot of weight rolling around may be 50 kg, will have big effect on brakes, reductions gears are $700 to $1000 from memory, MARKS and Rock hopper. Reduces all gears. you might consider the one with 10% overdrive plus the reduction on first, cant think of the brand but would be easy enough to find.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that each tyre was about 10kg or more heavier than my 31s

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=threedogs;243329]Thats a lot of weight rolling around may be 50 kg, will have big effect on brakes, reductions gears are $700 to $1000 from memory, MARKS and Rock hopper. Reduces all gears. you might consider the one with 10% overdrive plus the reduction on first, cant think of the brand but would be easy enough to find.[/QUO

The reduction gears which have been spoken about only change the low range gearing everything else is left factory. If your looking at running 35's all the time 4.6 diff ratios are the go to bring everything back inot line otherwise just get some low range reduction gears.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nissannewby wasn't quite sure on that one.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

6. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

nissannewby (6th July 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd stick to 33's, good alrounder, better for the car, only fractionally better off road, and more costly. Simple :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run 35's & reduction gears on my GQ 4.2 petrol, I am totally a fan offroad, onroad it is fine aswell, does register lower speeds so you need to calibrate the speedo or fit a GPS & use this as a speedo, personally choice, GPS if cheaper & can be used for other stuff, fuel consuption should be heavier but I have a serious fuel issue atm so cannot tell any difference,

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something to keep in mind is if you change your diff ratios to suit 35"s you wont be able to run your 31s without reving the guts out of it.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gidday Big Pig. Sorry about slow reply. The 35" Simex are the bomb. If I want to spin them I need to be in low ratio but otherwise oh my god. These are awesome. I drove through bogs I did not imagine I would ever be able to get through. Got stuck in one bog about 100mm below bottom of windows. Thick sludgy mud. Put her in reverse for a bit then back into forward and just climbed out. I would not use them on the sand or loose shingly stuff as way too agressive and would just bury themselves in a flash but on trails, climbing slope etc wow. In high ratio they were good for general but in the soup definately low ratio (With about 12 lbs of boost). You will not regret having these bad boys. Downsides are hard to balance (In some places near a kilo of weight on the rims anmd still wobbly as all hell) and road noise. At 50 kmph they are loud. At 65 kmph starting to sound like a helicopter. Looking for a trailer now so can drive to trails on road tyres in comfort and relative quiet and then switch over. Also avoids the shakes when coming home on rims that are full off mud and even more unbalanced.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tb42 usually comes with 3.9 diffs check your tag it says trans axel code then hh39 or hg 39 etc so i would think that 4.3 diffs from an rb30 patrol would be ideal for 35,s.
    As the td42 comes with 4.1 i left the 4.6 diffs in an they work great with 35,s.
    35's are great off road but do have road noise this may vary quite a bit between tread patterns and tyres though.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 97_gq_lwb View Post
    The tb42 usually comes with 3.9 diffs check your tag it says trans axel code then hh39 or hg 39 etc so i would think that 4.3 diffs from an rb30 patrol would be ideal for 35,s.
    As the td42 comes with 4.1 i left the 4.6 diffs in an they work great with 35,s.
    35's are great off road but do have road noise this may vary quite a bit between tread patterns and tyres though.
    Rb30 has 4.3 that's what I had but needed 4.6s as I was losing power With 4.3s 4.6s made all good again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast