User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reverse light on GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bushytas, that is one of the best posts I have seen for a long time, well done and thank you.
    Cheers, the ferret.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    Hey bushytas, that is one of the best posts I have seen for a long time, well done and thank you.
    Cheers, the ferret.
    HI Mate

Always willing to help as much as i can when it comes to a fellow 4wder

By the way i brought one of your twin light spare wheel brackets some time back its one of the best things ive ever brought you would of seen it in the pictures I tell everyone about it

Cheers
    2008 GU walkabout 3L auto wagon, 2" lift, Nissan winch bullbar, Ironman winch, Roo lite spotties, Scrub bars & side steps,Ferret rear light bracket with two Led work lights.My tip, Always carry a good well stocked in date firstaid kit when 4wding medical help is always to far away.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, a step by step guide would be great
    Cheers.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superoo View Post
    Hi, a step by step guide would be great
    Cheers.
    Back one page mate, if you need any help let me know
    2008 GU walkabout 3L auto wagon, 2" lift, Nissan winch bullbar, Ironman winch, Roo lite spotties, Scrub bars & side steps,Ferret rear light bracket with two Led work lights.My tip, Always carry a good well stocked in date firstaid kit when 4wding medical help is always to far away.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bushytas For This Useful Post:

Superoo (15th August 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bushytas,

Finally found time to install the tail, brake, indicator and reverse lights on the GU. All up took a couple of hours and your step by step was invaluable, looks a treat now.
    Also it's the hazard light fuse that blows, replaced it with a 15A one and now working fine.

Thanks again, really appreciated.

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi,number one never use scotch locs they Will fail, I just wired up my dummy lights, I used led globes that have 120 smd leds per globe thats 480 leds. my model needs 4 so its like daylight when I put the trol in reverse, globes only cost about $8 for x 2 on Ebay,. I even have them in my indicators and stop/park rear lights. The effect is awesome. I did put a resistor on the blinkers to stop the fast flash. Infact every globe on my truck is led. But stay away from those scotch locs
    Last edited by threedogs; 9th July 2012 at 02:59 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollofish View Post
    Hey bushytas,

Finally found time to install the tail, brake, indicator and reverse lights on the GU. All up took a couple of hours and your step by step was invaluable, looks a treat now.
    Also it's the hazard light fuse that blows, replaced it with a 15A one and now working fine.

Thanks again, really appreciated.

Cheers
    Great to hear you will have to put up some pictures

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Hi,number one never use scotch locs they Will fail, I just wired up my dummy lights, I used led globes that have 120 smd leds per globe thats 480 leds. my model needs 4 so its like daylight when I put the trol in reverse, globes only cost about $8 for x 2 on Ebay,. I even have them in my indicators and stop/park rear lights. The effect is awesome. I did put a resistor on the blimkers to stop the fast flash. Imfact every globe on my truck is led. But stay away from those scotch locs
    Agree with 3 Dogs here, scotch locks are quick and very easy, but they almost always WILL fail. They are pretty dodgy and no good auto elec would use them. Crimping is good but solder and heatshrink is the best way to connect wires in my opinion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

threedogs (9th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When local 4x4 shop fitted my towbar I noticed the scotch locs, went of my tree and told them this is a CHEAP way to do it. Always had trouble with my trailer brakes ,brake lights, etc. I fully soldered the trailer its now one wire from plug to globe, next trip still problems.
    Removed SCOTCH LOCS on trailer plug, fully soldered all wires then shrink wrapped, MAGIC, never had a problem again. Sure out in the middle of the Simmo if they get you moving but DONT USE THEM THEY WILL FAIL
    IFIi see them on someones truck I laugh, some swear by them, I'm not one and Kristoffa makes 2

Its not that hard or time consuming to get out the gas soldering iron..
    Last edited by threedogs; 9th July 2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Hate scotch locs
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i agree they do fail after a time due to water entering the connection thats why you will see gel caps in the picture but you are right soldering is the best way

Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    When local 4x4 shop fitted my towbar I noticed the scotch locs, went of my tree and told them this is a CHEAP way to do it. Always had trouble with my trailer brakes ,brake lights, etc. I fully soldered the trailer its now one wire from plug to globe, next trip still problems.
    Removed SCOTCH LOCS on trailer plug, fully soldered all wires then shrink wrapped, MAGIC, never had a problem again. Sure out in the middle of the Simmo if they get you moving but DONT USE THEM THEY WILL FAIL
    IFIi see them on someones truck I laugh, some swear by them, I'm not one and Kristoffa makes 2

Its not that hard or time consuming to get out the gas soldering iron..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast