Thread: Reverse light on GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reverse light on GU

Hi all,
    I've tried searching old posts but still haven't had much luck in finding out about wiring up the drivers side reverse light in my GU.
    I've had a feel around in the right hand light and there seems to be a few wires in there,are they the correct wires to get the job done?
    The other solution is to buy of EBay the complete light and loom but I only want the drivers side reverse light to work as the left hand side does. I still can't believe they only have one that works as standard.
    Also while I have you interested to get the rear lens out is it a simple task of removing the two screws inside that rear panel? And then what about fitting the globe and connector to the lens or is all that in there already?
    Cheers John.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, rather me try explain what to do.....

If you go to the search box (in the top right hand corner) type in the words "gu tail light replacement", you should get all the info you need
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Superoo (10th June 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superoo View Post
    Hi all,
    I've tried searching old posts but still haven't had much luck in finding out about wiring up the drivers side reverse light in my GU.
    I've had a feel around in the right hand light and there seems to be a few wires in there,are they the correct wires to get the job done?
    The other solution is to buy of EBay the complete light and loom but I only want the drivers side reverse light to work as the left hand side does. I still can't believe they only have one that works as standard.
    Also while I have you interested to get the rear lens out is it a simple task of removing the two screws inside that rear panel? And then what about fitting the globe and connector to the lens or is all that in there already?
    Cheers John.
    Hi Superoo
    I’ve replaced my rear light and wired them in about a year ago.

Now what you want to do I very easy I will try and get some pictures tomorrow to help you do what you want to do
    But in saying that you will need to buy some wire single core around 3 meters connectors 1 pack and a globe holder plus 5W globe.

It’s easy as
    You need to remove you rear light from the driver’s side, there are 2 nuts for memory 10mm in behind the jack.

once you have it out Drill out the area where the reverse light is suppose to fit, file it out so you can place the holder locks in or you can glue it in whatever you wish to do.

wiring is easy, go to the left side find the wires to the globe one is + the other is - clip scotch locks over the wires run to the other side under you carpet ,using connectors or soldering iron connect them and put it back together

AS I said I will try and get some pictures tomorrow I’ve been drinking tonight so hopeful this post makes sense for you
    2008 GU walkabout 3L auto wagon, 2" lift, Nissan winch bullbar, Ironman winch, Roo lite spotties, Scrub bars & side steps,Ferret rear light bracket with two Led work lights.My tip, Always carry a good well stocked in date firstaid kit when 4wding medical help is always to far away.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bushytas For This Useful Post:

John.H (29th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gonna watch this thread as yet another mod to do, just need to work how the hell I undo the wing kit for my outback drawers so i can access my lights lol
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Hi mate, rather me try explain what to do.....

If you go to the search box (in the top right hand corner) type in the words "gu tail light replacement", you should get all the info you need
    OK so i just went out and took some pictures hope it helps you
    Thought i better do it not or i forget tomorrow lol

2008 GU walkabout 3L auto wagon, 2" lift, Nissan winch bullbar, Ironman winch, Roo lite spotties, Scrub bars & side steps,Ferret rear light bracket with two Led work lights.My tip, Always carry a good well stocked in date firstaid kit when 4wding medical help is always to far away.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bushytas For This Useful Post:

Bluecrab (9th September 2013), jack (14th June 2012), John.H (29th May 2014), MudRunnerTD (10th June 2012), oncedisturbed (10th June 2012), Silver (13th June 2012), Sir Roofy (19th June 2012), Superoo (17th June 2012), The BigFella (18th June 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Bushytas
    Love the step by step & pics.
    I wish I saw your thread before I went and did mine.
    Makes it faster and easier than searching and testing.
    I believe there is wiring in the right hand panel for those lights, but removing the drawers was not happening that nights.
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieney View Post
    Bushytas
    Love the step by step & pics.
    I wish I saw your thread before I went and did mine.
    Makes it faster and easier than searching and testing.
    I believe there is wiring in the right hand panel for those lights, but removing the drawers was not happening that nights.
    I would be interested to know if there is wiring in the drivers side I did have a look when i was placing the light in but i could find any. mind you it was easy to wire in from the left hand side

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no wiring in drivers side/ have had a look at the wiring diagrams
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for the great pics I'll defiantly give it a go.
    Cheers John.
    P.S. so as your pics show your tail lights also work am I better off buying on eBay the replacement left and right fully wired lights and install them with myself running the wires across?
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Superoo; 17th June 2012 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this what I am looking at doing (Ebay Lights) that way when the unfortunate happes, I will at least have a spare set just in case they break
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

Superoo (17th June 2012)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast