OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Was there ever a 7 seater Y60 or just the Y61?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was there ever a 7 seater Y60 or just the Y61?

I am trying to decide on a Y60 or a Y61. I really like the 7 seater option of the Y61...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes many GQs came with seven seats, its for ALL the other reasons you should still buy a GU tho ........hahahha (flame suit on )
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GQs and GUs both came with 7 seats
    Check the compliance plate of any said vehicle regarding its factory seating capacity
    IF a vehicle has only 5 seater and 7 plated, you wont get a legit rwc,unless either 7 seats are present,or a mod plate has been done

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep they definitely do. Mine is a 7 seater but I took them out

Tappa tappa

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep you will find that most people rip out the rear seat in a GQ cause they suck and take up space.

Regardless of the pros and cons of the two models, (i have one of each) if you are chasing a Patrol for its ability to have 7 seats then there is simply No Comparison and the GU will win that battle every single time!

The 3rd row seat in a GQ is a single bench style seat that folds up hard against the back of the middle row and is like something out of a minibus. THe GU seats fold to each side and are a far far nicer seat. The Cabin in a GU is much much bigger and will accommodate the extra passengers in far more comfort.

GU for Sure

Cheers MR
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Mudrunner, I have both the GQ & GU, the GU is a far better option in the seven seater, My GQ was a seven seater but the rear dicky seat & front buckets were removed to make it a sixseater, my kids are still little (11, 9, 7 & 5 yrs old) so this works for me, it has a cargo barrier so there is heaps of room to load up the rear, you can do want you want, there are many variations from 2, 4, 5, 6 or 7 seat arrangements, 4 seat option (rare) needs to be engineered due to custom brackets, removing any seats at all permanetely usually requires changes to your compliance, check with your local roads authority since your in Ontario

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about WA with the compliance issue as long as the rear seats are available and included when uou sell the rig there isn't an issue as the new owner can remove drawers and put seats back in as required
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com