OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intercoolers on zd30 gu 3? advice on upgrades, are they worth it?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intercoolers on zd30 gu 3? advice on upgrades, are they worth it?

Hello Guys

I am about to purchase a GU (111) from a dealer but an inspection has found an irreparable leak in the inter cooler. The dealer is paying for a stock newbie. Is it worth chipping in for an upgrade to an alloy unit? Any learned advice appreciated. I am interested in better power? fuel eco? happier engine? anti grenade. Thanks a lot for your help so far.

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought an ASE aftermarket (about $950) with fan. I had some problems installing it and even now I still have trouble with the hoses blowing off. The clamps they provided were garden hose variety crap, and the slippery silicone hoses are difficult to clamp. Having said that - the aftermarket systems are usually cheaper than the original and more efficient.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark , replaced mine bout 6 months ago now . rang and shopped around aswell as research here . ended up with a PWR performance changeover unit $700 plus post . so far so good .
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got mine recored with a PWR core for $490. Look on ebay as a few people sell them exchange. Very happy with mine.
    2004 GU ST 3.0 DDi 2" Tuff Dog Lift, Warn 9000lb, Custom dual Batteries Redarc, Safari Chip + Snorkel, 3" exhaust, NADS, MBC, DIY can, PWR Int,+9" fan, 7" GPS-DVD-TV Igo8 and Ozi with 2cams,6.5" Kicker splits and 6x9", Pillar+ Racetech EGT-PSI, Heated seats, fixed compressor, Arduino dual battery and engine/OAT temp display, 3" Projected 50W HID's with halo DRL's........so far.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate,
    Installed a Cross-Country 4x4 intercooler with PWR core and thermo fan about 3 months ago, love it, easy to install, just watch the vacuum lines under the passenger side of the new unit going in, I crushed them with out realizing and caused all sorts of issues. Just moved them aside and all was fine.

A bit expensive, but love it, looks tough through the bonnet scoop too!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339119154.395565.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339118993.947254.jpg
    (note the blue silicone, that was extra, u you can use the existing hose from the old intercooler)

The thermo fan is great for drawing air through the cooler while your standing still and sits under the cooler.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out this thread. If you have the cash though can't go past the CrossCountry

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...t-Intercoolers
    Scotty B | Take it Off Road or Take it Back
    3.0L GUIV 2005 - TIG Welded Intercooler, NADS, Redarc Dual Battery, Additional rear power socket, 2" Lift (Ironman constant load foam cell), Electronic Trailer Brake Controller, Steel Bullbar, 12,000lb Winch, UHF

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have CC intercooler and it is a work of art as well as it works. I had a look at ASE unit and I didn't like it, a bit crude and not that much cheaper. Another option is A.S.E, they do replacement/changeover again cheaper than CC unit but I wanted the fan as well for low range work. Definitely don't buy another Nissan useless toy of an intercooler.
    Cheers

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have put in a 4X4 Cross Country intercooling and fan and it has enhance the power signicantly and reduce exhaust temp at top ent by 50C.

Highly recommended

Fred

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really Nice, do you know of any dealer for America, I live in Costa Rica, so the shipping costs from AU will be kind of higher.
    thanks

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ssoac. Don't know of anyone in America. Maybe contact Cross Country 4X4 at http://www.crosscountry4x4.com.au/ar...leid=47&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by ssoac View Post
    This is really Nice, do you know of any dealer for America, I live in Costa Rica, so the shipping costs from AU will be kind of higher.
    thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast