Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear LED Light fitted

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear LED Light fitted

Just complete a little DYI project to my GU Patrol, fitted a rear "LED light (5x3w) 1050 lumen output" for reversing in the dark or while out camping. It is a very bright light, probably too bright. More then happy with it.
    It was pretty easy to mount & wire up, once i worked out exactly how i wanted.

I mounted it off the spare wheel carrier bracket.
    Used a piece of 3/4" box steel tubing, measured the height, cut the steel, drilled holes to mount to the spare wheel carrier bracket, painted it etc.
    Mounted the LED light to the top the tubing, fed the wire down inside the tubing. Also put rubber plugs either end of tubing with holes drilled into them with small water tight gromits for the wire to run threw.
    Drilled a small hole in the back door, with small gromit for wire to feed threw, then fed the wire threw the car to a switch in the dash. Then a wire from the switch directly to the battery with a 30amp fuse in between.

At the end of completing the little DYI, i was pretty happy with the end result on how neat & tidy it all looked.
    It did take up all of Saturday morning running around to purchase all the different bits & pieces i needed from different shops. Then on Sunday it took about another 4hrs from start to finish to install

Now Divorced I can do what i like when i like. How good is life now
    02 GU111 Patrol 3.0TD Man, Chipped, Redback 2.5" Exhaust, Safari Snorkel, OME 2'' Lift, ARB W/Bar, Tigerz11 12000Lb Winch & R/Rack, IPF Lights, Cooper S/T Maxx 33's, Dual battery system, Uniden UHF, ARB fridge/freezer on ARB Slider, & heaps more

2. The Following User Says Thank You to knakkers For This Useful Post:

Bluecrab (9th June 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good mate nice and neat

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just about to do this with almost same light but round. Just wondering what everyone else has done with the wire thru the rear door... Nice install by the way
    2004 GU ST 3.0 DDi 2" Tuff Dog Lift, Warn 9000lb, Custom dual Batteries Redarc, Safari Chip + Snorkel, 3" exhaust, NADS, MBC, DIY can, PWR Int,+9" fan, 7" GPS-DVD-TV Igo8 and Ozi with 2cams,6.5" Kicker splits and 6x9", Pillar+ Racetech EGT-PSI, Heated seats, fixed compressor, Arduino dual battery and engine/OAT temp display, 3" Projected 50W HID's with halo DRL's........so far.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where did you get the lamp from?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Where did you get the lamp from?
    http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/
    You can also purchase off ebay from this company, but i purchased cheaper by going direct to the shop & got very helpful info
    02 GU111 Patrol 3.0TD Man, Chipped, Redback 2.5" Exhaust, Safari Snorkel, OME 2'' Lift, ARB W/Bar, Tigerz11 12000Lb Winch & R/Rack, IPF Lights, Cooper S/T Maxx 33's, Dual battery system, Uniden UHF, ARB fridge/freezer on ARB Slider, & heaps more

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adventurepaul View Post
    Just about to do this with almost same light but round. Just wondering what everyone else has done with the wire thru the rear door... Nice install by the way
    I just drilled very small hole with tight gromit in the door. Or the option is, find someone with a lathe & drill a small hole in the centre of, one of the bolts that mount your spare wheel carrier onto the back door

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job, need this to reverse the boat
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice neat install do you have it plumbed into the reverse lights or just a switch on the dash? Give those pesky tailgaters a nasty suprise!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job mate, looks tops.. Will make reversing alot easier at night Haha
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Separate switch in dashboard wired directly to battery. So I can switch on when ever I like. Yeah it's good for anybody that tailgates or hi-beams me from behind. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast