Thread: MudRunnerTD doing the Madigan Line 2012

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dads tractor View Post
    Ruby Gap is still listed as closed you might want to check that and be careful in the Hale Ck if your going that way as any dark spots in the sand can be like quicksand .Had a days adventure retrieving a shorty 40 out there once lucky the beer stocks had enough reserve but the isolation is perfect.

Just an idea print a couple of star charts for when your out there and see how many the young fella can find and a game we played as kids would be to mark where the sun would come up in the morning the closest would get a couple of lollies before lunch the rest had to wait makes you more aware of what's around you is the lesson. Enjoy your trip
    Cheers mate that is a great idea. have you got a link to a Star Chart i can print off?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Hey Daz, I have been thinking and doing a bit of reading on the track you are about to do.
    I'm trying to figure out the exact track you'll be doing, so my question is....any chance of showing us exactly where you'll be travelling...really curious.

From what I understand it is a bloody tough track so any insight would be very handy mate.

...and yes, I'm jealous....hahhahah

Cheers Chris.

Searching the Web i found this

Not the best but you get the idea, 4 hours North from Mt Dare to Old Andando Station for the launch then Fully Remote across the desert. 1100 Dunes half a km apart with Spinafex valleys between. Finish line is Running South down to Birdsville via the QA line i think.

Here is a couple of links i just found for you to have a bit of a read.

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/tracks.ht...9_Madigan-Line

http://www.orvc.asn.au/Madigan%20Line.htm

http://www.overlander.com.au/destina...6/Madigan-Line

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/...igan_Line.aspx
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (8th August 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WOW WOW WOW, looks like a challenging trip and that's the way they should be.
    Hope you and your son have a ball which I know you will.....

lots of fun mate!!!!!

ps. thanks for the info

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    maybe not us but definetly worth watching
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 8th June 2012 at 11:29 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th June 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^^^ awesome ^^^^^^^

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mate!!!!! we want pics.... thats all!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th June 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well i spent the long weekend working on the GU getting ready for this trip.

I mounted up the ARB compressor in the side well of the rear drawers and wired up a Sub Fuse board into the same place.

I fitted led strip lighting to both rear doors and switched independently to each side. Nice!. While i was there i ran a wire and relay through the back door to fit up a reverse / camp light to the outside of the back door.

I removed the rear seat behind the drivers seat and made a box to take 3 jerry cans enclosed and things looking good.

I still have to fit the winch, fit the shovel holder, finish off the storage inside.......oh ..... and pack!

2 weekends to go then we are off!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cheers Plas, appreciate the offer mate, I am borrowing a 12k winch off of Danny ( he has them lying around ) (kinda) so i will get him to hold it while i bolt her up, i expect it to be pretty basic. Feel free to drop in any time though fella, I make Gooooooood Coffee!

I rebuilt the front end last weekend too, did the wheel bearings ( feels different now), New brake pads to all 4 corners, swapped all 5 wheels back from 35s to 33s (had to steal the 3 brand newys off the Camper trailer and the brand new spare i had on the back door. Nice, 4 new Khumo KL71s for the trip and a 70% on the back door and the same off a rim on the roof.

I did an Oil and Filter change, swapped out a dead Battery and kept pretty busy.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast