OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Possible busted engine mounts, transfer knob movement ?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible busted engine mounts, transfer knob movement ?

Hi all,

My 2010 TB48 makes a weird noise under hi tourque situations, like a rubbing bearnoise, I still cant work out how to even explain it.

Anyhow I'm watching/ listening everything om the car trying to work it out. I might be paranoid but I notice my transfer know moves to the front right and up about 10mm when taking off ? I have a video of it and I'm certain it aint normal ?

My only explanation in my head is maybe the rear left gearbox mount is busted allowing it to flex that much ? If it is a gearbox mount, what is the best way to check if its busted ?

VIDEO
    http://youtu.be/4BYUGZh39bE]Tb48 - YouTube

Also this one from under the car

http://youtu.be/Wf88v0Zpfj8

I can get the movement when idle and hold the brake, rev alittle in drive. Was thinking might be able to see it from under the car ?

idea's people ?

Steve

EDIT

Just crawled under and checked the rear mounts with a pry bar, all seem ok. Fronts seem to be hollow with shock tensioner holding it ? is this normal ?

Last edited by Swerve; 1st June 2012 at 10:47 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    movement is normal, tho this rubbing noise i would have to hear to work out what your meaning.could be anything from flex to radiator hoses moving in there support.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id say your looking in the right direction I had a similar issue to u and heard a slight scraping/bearing noise mostly under heavy load 1st and 2nd gear and i had it for 4 months untill i started breaking the middle exhaust mount both my front mounts where r/s even after checking them I didnt see a problem untill i removed them the rubber had collapsed ever so slightly and under load the metal from both plates rubbed together L/H side was the worse, Its a 6 pack job with a floor jack and some timber to slightly jack the motor and If any need replacing I recommend u do all 4
    Hope this helps