Thread: Autron gauges

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo_the_Devo View Post
    Do you have the details on the dimmer that you used? I'm keen to add another to my gauges
    I just went to the wreckers and got the same dimmer switch that's in a Patrol already, 40 bucks. Better then $240 from Nissan.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a phone call this afternoon from the guys fitting my gauges. That they have two fitters not coming in on Monday and will not be able to do it and I will need to re- schedule.
    Pissed off but I'll get over it.

Tapperty tap 1000 taps for me.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, has been re-booked for this Friday and they are giving me a loan car for the stuff around.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropped the car off this afternoon, for pick up tomorrow afternoon, can't wait to see them

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At least you got a loaner, love the horn bit too
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok boys, gauges are in and look great.
    I am very impressed with them. They really do stand out. Only problem I have with pillar pod gauge angle, as I am very tall (194cm), the dual battery gauge is oh so slightly obscured but I guess I'm being really picky about cos I can still read the dial.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348217058.334181.jpg
    Daytime
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348217089.132451.jpg
    Night time.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those dual gauges are cool, dual battery one is a great idea. Looks the goods Mick!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what should I be seeing on the gauges or really what shouldn't I be seeing in the gauges.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Ok boys, gauges are in and look great.
    I am very impressed with them. They really do stand out. Only problem I have with pillar pod gauge angle, as I am very tall (194cm), the dual battery gauge is oh so slightly obscured but I guess I'm being really picky about cos I can still read the dial.
    You could try to insert a ring under the front of the dual volt meter to bring it slightly forward. You could also file an angle on this ring to face the gauge slightly upward. You may see it better then. (Cut the ring from a bit of 50mm plastic pipe and spray it the same colour as the pod).

The two voltmeters should always read around the 14V mark (over 14V and your battery could be over charging and below about 13.5V and your battery is under charging). The boost gauge should read between 5 to 10 psi while cruising on the flat at about 100 kph. It should reduce when the power decreases (going downhill) and go up when you put the foot down. It should not get above about 18 psi as the over boost controller will cut in anyway. The EGT is much the same. It increases as the power (and the load) increases and decreases as the power requirement reduces. You should not let it get above around 650 for any extended time.
    Last edited by BillsGU; 22nd September 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet cheers Bill
    Exactly as you said, seats on bout 10 psi at 100
    Couldn't get it over 15 last night and got to 500 degrees at 140 full acceleration

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast