Thread: Autron gauges

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Exactly as you said, seats on bout 10 psi at 100
    Couldn't get it over 15 last night and got to 500 degrees at 140 full acceleration
    You won't get it over that pressure as you will go into limp home mode. Have you set up your Dawes valve yet?

The temp will climb if you are going up a long hill - for sure if you are towing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    You won't get it over that pressure as you will go into limp home mode. Have you set up your Dawes valve yet?

The temp will climb if you are going up a long hill - for sure if you are towing.
    I have not fitted Dawes valve. I have now had 3- 4x4 diesel mechanics say the GU8 does not require this fitted.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    I have not fitted Dawes valve. I have now had 3- 4x4 diesel mechanics say the GU8 does not require this fitted.
    As mine is not a GU8, I don't know. I do know that before I fitted the Dawes valve I had pathetic boost that was all over the place and my EGT went through the roof. Now my boost is constant and my EGT is low. Also, the Patrol now runs SOOOO well and on a recent trip to Sydney (YUK!) the fuel consumption was 9.5 km/l (10.5l/100km). It has never done that before.

Over the next couple of weeks keep an eye on your EGT and boost and see how the GU8 performs.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    As mine is not a GU8, I don't know. I do know that before I fitted the Dawes valve I had pathetic boost that was all over the place and my EGT went through the roof. Now my boost is constant and my EGT is low. Also, the Patrol now runs SOOOO well and on a recent trip to Sydney (YUK!) the fuel consumption was 9.5 km/l (10.5l/100km). It has never done that before.

Over the next couple of weeks keep an eye on your EGT and boost and see how the GU8 performs.
    I should have a trip to Yarrawonga soon, so the hills on the Hume will be a good test, boat should be in tow aswell

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can program the Autron gauge alarms to go off at a particular boost pressure. Apparently the new EGT guage has a variable alarm setting too. I would set it to 600 if you have that option.

With standard exhaust my EGTs will easily crank over 600deg when towing up hills. It's a good reminder that I'm never in that much of a hurry that I want to destroy an engine. I generally back off a bit around 550. CRDs tend to run a bit hotter than the DIs so don't be too worried when you see the guys with NADS & larger exhausts quoting much lower temps.
    2011 CRD with a bunch of stuff bolted on

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id be setting it around 500-550, 600s would be what your trying to avoid i would want to know when temps are getting high not when they are high

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Below 600 is too low. If you are towing it would be going off all the time and drive you crazy. I'm not an expert - but everything I have read says that the engine will be OK until you get near 700 and keep it there for a time (no one says how long that "time" is though). At and above this temp things start to go wrong. If anybody has a reference to say that this is not the case I would be happy to read it. I have set mine to 650 and now with the mods done it has not alarmed yet. Setting alarms too low is equivalent to "the boy that cried wolf". They go off that often you become immune.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with BillsGU - if mine was set at 500 it would be going off when overtaking on the freeway!

Still, it does make you wonder how high is too high and how long is too long. The autron guages ship with the alarm set at 700.
    2011 CRD with a bunch of stuff bolted on

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do you think I should set it at 600 maybe

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the boat in tow 100kph on the freeway and boost is at 10-11psi and EGT is at 375-400
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349031549.056372.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast