Thread: After service check your rigs!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After service check your rigs!!

As the title suggests, make sure you really inspect your rig after any service has been done by a mechanic.

This is something I generally don't do unless I get the "gut feeling" that something is not quite right.

Long story short, I had the 80k service done at the end of March, all seemed fine. Last night, oil light started an intermittant blink on the way home from work, checked it this morning and what do I find, NO OIL registering at all on the dipstick, nadda zip. Rig has done 5500kms since last service, no leaks, spray back, nil oil / water mix etc.

Rang Nissan to be told that due to a long weekend, the entire service centre is shut down and won't be back until Tuesday. WTF!!!!

Raced down to AutoOne to get oil, new filter etc with wifes car causing her to be late to an appointment (went over well) so I do the whole oil change again.

Will let tou know how much oil is ACTUALLY in the sump once done.
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,740 Times in 2,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bugger thats not good, always pays to check, i can recall one time i picked the car up from a service and it was blowing smoke like crazy, they topped the oil up but forgot to drain the old oil first!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't take my car to mechanics, once they tried to tell me my car needed new tires, and it already had new ones on there. Lots of dodgy pricks around. Too many bad experiences.
    If you going through hell...Keep going

GQ wagon locked - lifted - 33's, 02 SS ute, XB coupe 460bb, KTM530

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats a service???? *LMAO*

Hope you send them the bill for the oil and your labor.

Same goes for anyone that claims insurance on a roll over that isn't written off, make sure water, oils etc have been checked. As I found out after a claim many many years ago that these things aren't checked unless requested. Well not from my ex insurance company anyway.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks ... what did it end up taking??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished doing the oil change.

It had a rats public hair under 2L in it after it was drained including filter. Replaced with penrite full synthetic but due to me having 3 left and slipped it was a smidge over 6.7L was put back in with a new ryco filter.

So much for a gucci top of range wizz bang platinum nissan stealership service.

Service manager is gonna receive a service of his own on Tuesday.
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not Good mate, make sure they reimburse you for the oil and filter as well!!
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    As the title suggests, make sure you really inspect your rig after any service has been done by a mechanic.

This is something I generally don't do unless I get the "gut feeling" that something is not quite right.

Long story short, I had the 80k service done at the end of March, all seemed fine. Last night, oil light started an intermittant blink on the way home from work, checked it this morning and what do I find, NO OIL registering at all on the dipstick, nadda zip. Rig has done 5500kms since last service, no leaks, spray back, nil oil / water mix etc.

Rang Nissan to be told that due to a long weekend, the entire service centre is shut down and won't be back until Tuesday. WTF!!!!

Raced down to AutoOne to get oil, new filter etc with wifes car causing her to be late to an appointment (went over well) so I do the whole oil change again.

Will let tou know how much oil is ACTUALLY in the sump once done.
    So you go 5500Ks without not once checking your oil ???
    Every week if goin town and back,or everytime i go any distance

Ive noticed every car that gets a pro service, its usually whatever the book says it needs it gets
    Throw the filter on, tip in the required oil and out the door
    Nothin gets started ,and rechecked
    Inlaws car had 2 litres more auto fluid,and well over 1 litre more engine oil

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your worried about dodgy services, ill service it for you

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep always pays to check these days, too many dodgies around. Had a V8 VL going back before got the Trol, it had a minor oil leak, lost about 1/2 lt per month so decided to get it fixed before shooting off to Geelong, all good until stopped for fuel and noticed oil dripping under the beast, well that trip to Geelong cost me 7 ltrs of oil and the mechanic an ear full upon return. Took car back and watched him fix it again then the cheeky b@$7&9d had the gawl to hit me up for labor cost HAHAHA I don't bloody think so. So now always give the Trol a look over once works been done.
    Hope you get right up him on tues.

Yappa Tappa Doo
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast