OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: NATIONAL FORUM MEET (QUEENSLAND) - Neerum Creek Bush Retreat - Oct 1st-6th 2012

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt any stock 4wd with the best driver. What a track video does not do it justice
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like rent a crowd got full value for their money at the top of the hill . thanks for sharing and not forgettin us humble pilgrims who couldnt be there .
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

sam697 (4th October 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have officially banned you all from posting any more pics and vids as it makes me to jealous I thought I would jump in and have a look after WORK and before I have to go back to WORK Tom but all I want to do now is go out bush.

Live life, Love life.
    Snatch straps on towballs can harm and/or kill!!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome trip. wife and kids loved it.
    A big congrats must go out to muddonk and penny on their engagement :P

will try and get a couple vids up tonight, and i have a thousand photos once the camera comes back to life.
    on the link, i suggest pausing and letting it load up ... watch it without buffering all the time.
    Sorry about the iphone quality
    Ben on lil red
    http://s372.photobucket.com/albums/o...ennylilred.mp4

tank ( scott ) doin lil red
    http://s372.photobucket.com/albums/o...nkonlilred.mp4

a lot more to come

ozz
    TB42E manual 1996 GQ 30 year anniversary
    33" maxxi bighorns, 3" EFS & Accessories

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ozzyboy For This Useful Post:

sam697 (4th October 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like an awesome trip that I have missed out on be safe out there boys and girls.

Live life, Love life.
    Snatch straps on towballs can harm and/or kill!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    That VIDEO was interesting, 3 slightly different lines, 3 different out comes.
    proves full noise is not the best option, wheel placement is.
    a good driver in a stock 4x4 will go better than a fool/idiot in a lifted 4x4 every day
    plus a lot cheaper bill at the end of the day,
    Hey mate

Need some explanation here. Which video are you referring to? Three different cars on those videos was only the hill climb as far as I can tell from the ones I've seen, and that was due to absolute discretion of the drivers themselves to decide based on their capability? Somewhat confused??

That aside, if it was a different video that I haven't watched yet (bad service up here) which one of us was the "fool/idiot"?? Who was giving it "full noise" as literally none of them did - it may sound loud on the video, but certainly not flogging the truck.

The blokes on this trip for the most are quality wheel workers who would take a stocker as you say, further than a lot of others with serious mods - no doubt on that one - but they have built up their vehicles over time as they progressed to the point where they simply couldn't take a stocker through what they (me included) now go through. That is what we're about - showing different lines for differing capability and vehicle setup to show people in a no pressure atmosphere what they and the truck can do.

Sure you didn't mean offence, but you might want to take a bit more care with how you word your posts, as others (me primarily) may take some offence at your perceived judgement at our ability, or lack thereof as it reads in your post ...

Not out to p!ss you off mate, but we take what we do very seriously (with safety as a first priority) and asking a question as to why we took those lines etc (on a formally organised meet up knowing there's experience as well as newbies) is probably a better approach than intimating some of us are "fools/idiots".

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    That VIDEO was interesting, 3 slightly different lines, 3 different out comes.
    proves full noise is not the best option, wheel placement is.
    a good driver in a stock 4x4 will go better than a fool/idiot in a lifted 4x4 every day
    plus a lot cheaper bill at the end of the day,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Hey mate

Need some explanation here. Which video are you referring to? Three different cars on those videos was only the hill climb as far as I can tell from the ones I've seen, and that was due to absolute discretion of the drivers themselves to decide based on their capability? Somewhat confused??

That aside, if it was a different video that I haven't watched yet (bad service up here) which one of us was the "fool/idiot"?? Who was giving it "full noise" as literally none of them did - it may sound loud on the video, but certainly not flogging the truck.

The blokes on this trip for the most are quality wheel workers who would take a stocker as you say, further than a lot of others with serious mods - no doubt on that one - but they have built up their vehicles over time as they progressed to the point where they simply couldn't take a stocker through what they (me included) now go through. That is what we're about - showing different lines for differing capability and vehicle setup to show people in a no pressure atmosphere what they and the truck can do.

Sure you didn't mean offence, but you might want to take a bit more care with how you word your posts, as others (me primarily) may take some offence at your perceived judgement at our ability, or lack thereof as it reads in your post ...

Not out to p!ss you off mate, but we take what we do very seriously (with safety as a first priority) and asking a question as to why we took those lines etc (on a formally organised meet up knowing there's experience as well as newbies) is probably a better approach than intimating some of us are "fools/idiots".
    Hey Scottie,

Looks like you blokes are having an Awesome time up there.

I reckon 3Dogs was talking about the Video above mate. It shows All our Members choosing good slow lines and all drove well. I believe 3Dogs was making a general reference to that fact that Quality Drivers get it done without a big right foot

I reckon Ol Mate Mr Ben-e-boy could sort out most things in that tray back! Go the Treps! they make it look real easy!

I dont think 3Dogs was implying anyone on the vids was an idiot mate, on the contrary "Well Driven" was his message mate.

you guys have fun. stay safe and shiny side Up!

Travel Home safely all of you.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

patch697 (5th October 2012), sam697 (5th October 2012), Woof (6th October 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post

Hey Scottie,

Looks like you blokes are having an Awesome time up there.

I reckon 3Dogs was talking about the Video above mate. It shows All our Members choosing good slow lines and all drove well. I believe 3Dogs was making a general reference to that fact that Quality Drivers get it done without a big right foot

I reckon Ol Mate Mr Ben-e-boy could sort out most things in that tray back! Go the Treps! they make it look real easy!

I dont think 3Dogs was implying anyone on the vids was an idiot mate, on the contrary "Well Driven" was his message mate.

you guys have fun. stay safe and shiny side Up!

Travel Home safely all of you.
    Hahaha - the fence of diplomacy MR!! Good boy!! lol

Mate, that fat bloke in the high vis shirt guiding them is me! Not a single one of those trucks was unlifted or standard as that's a reasonably decent little hill ... again, they as the drivers decided on the line they wanted to take based on their own desire to do the 'easy' line (still not for the feint hearted - remember, Hekarewe who is a great driver didn't get up this hill his first time out with a stock GU), or the harder option up the ruts on the left as you look at the video ...

All good lads either way - obviously read the post the wrong way (as it was open for interpretation) and thought some of the lads were being labelled fools for having a crack at the harder stuff ...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

patch697 (5th October 2012), Woof (6th October 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post

Mate, that fat bloke in the high vis shirt guiding them is me!
    Well, I posted the question here and I also asked AB ( who suggested body paint) so now I will ask you.......

Did you only take one shirt Bigrig???????????? Lmao
    Go Hard or Go Home.....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sam697 For This Useful Post:

patch697 (5th October 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam697 View Post
    Well, I posted the question here and I also asked AB ( who suggested body paint) so now I will ask you.......

Did you only take one shirt Bigrig???????????? Lmao
    Lots of shirts - just the same colour!! lmao

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

sam697 (5th October 2012)

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast