OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: NATIONAL FORUM MEET (QUEENSLAND) - Neerum Creek Bush Retreat - Oct 1st-6th 2012

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NATIONAL FORUM MEET (QUEENSLAND) - Neerum Creek Bush Retreat - Oct 1st-6th 2012

Dates - Monday October 1st 2012 till Saturday 6th October 2012 (5 nights)

A lot of people showing up Sunday, and any number of nights is fine by us (i.e. if you only wish to come for 2 or 3 nights etc, all good!!! You only pay for what time you are there).

Location - Neurum Creek Bush Retreat - http://www.ncbr.com.au/

Neerum Creek Bush Retreat Details:

Phone 1300733901

OR

email admin@ncbr.com.au

OR

go to the website booking page http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php

In all cases you MUST nominate you are part of Nissanpatrol.com.au otherwise their system will place you in a different area.

Last edited by Bigrig; 27th May 2012 at 05:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video of the camp grounds

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Original Email from John at Neerum Creek

Hi Scott,
    We look forward to hosting your family gathering for Nissanpatrol.com.au and trust you do reach your predicted 100.

You should have received the copy invoice as requested by separate mail. As with any such large event that brings over 50 people we expect to offer the organiser Free camping as we know how much work you need to put in and the costs you incur to do the running around so would do that for you if you accept (I haven't accepted as per attached invoice - this is going towards the Marquee cost leaving only $168 to cover it for the whole week!!).

I am quite happy to use our standard method of bookings which is for them to phone 1300733901 or email admin@ncbr.com.au or go to our website booking page http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php in all cases they must nominate they are part of Nissanpatrol.com.au otherwise our system will place them in a different area. As per Attached Invoice below - this will also include balance costs of toilets and marquee.

They are then given 3 days to confirm by paying the deposit.

We will not charge the standard $7 site fee to any families simply we will charge the standard rates of $10.50 Adult & $5.50 Kids (Note there is a small loading on the days of Sunday 30th & Monday 1st because of the Queens birthday holiday). Item 8 below and note the PAYMENTS section below with additions to cover extra costs.

The only thing for you to remember is our standard terms normally allows them to cancel up to 14 days before and get the deposit back. Therefor the accurate count may not happen until then unless you state the fact that it is absolutely non refundable then all are counted irrespective of those that decide not to turn up. I would like everyone to pay deposit by February 20th as listed below, with full amounts to be paid by June 30th - is that OK with everyone?

We spoke briefly about September traditionally being a low rain time, however we do not accept cancellations based on weather predictions. We can give you a weekly report of how many have booked, Tracey would send you an email with updates once a week.

We will supply free of charge both our commercial roaster oven & catering trailer at no cost. The pics attached were from a real event and the cook had never done it before. Items 3 & 4 below.

I haven’t got pics of the catering trailer but it is a full covered trailer with a commercial Heatlie BBQ on board with water tanks & 12 volt power.

I have sent an email to order the big marquee. My question is how do you want to handle the cost of marquee & toilets? Do you want to round up the cost and divide out by say 80 people then we add that cost to each invoice as a special event so the club doesn’t have to fund out of pocket. It would only add about $2.50 per day for each one. Item 6 below.

As mentioned we would supply a few metal wood fire BBQ’s (12) to act as fire pits and of course they can be used as bbq’s also. Item 9 below.

The area would be flagged off from other users. We have a full fenceline to put up the 10m banner also!

It will require 3 portable toilets for the week and we would arrange them with your approval. Item 2 below.

At this time how about I agree to hold the area available until 20th Feb. to allow you time to get your plans made. Or anytime earlier, it’s up to you. Please note my comments below.

When you give the go ahead we will require a deposit to be paid by each family and we will be guided by you as to when you want them to fully pay. Please note my comments below.

The cost of Marquee & toilets will be quoted at the beginning and we will require a $200 deposit with full payment 10 days prior to the event. If you charge them in the price we will cover the cost provided you end up with a minimum of 60 Adults. Item 2 below.

I trust this is enough information at this time,
    Regards,
    John.

PS you are welcome to talk at any time to Tracey or Colleen for updates once the ball is rolling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To break it down - an itemised list below and what I have done is add some of the additional costs to the PER PERSON pricing that is listed above - I think it still makes it very resonable and cost effective for all.

1. We have a sectioned off (HUGE) area with our own entry road right beside the creek and waterhole about 80 metres from the office and shop.

2. Toilets are provided for free if we have more than 60 people - $200 Deposit to be paid that I will sort out up front and work out with eveyone later, however I am expecting more than 60 people by the interest thus far.

3. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) the Commercial Roaster Camp Oven which cooks for up to 100 people

4. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) the Commercial Caterer's Trailer they have on site for Sponsorship Events - this is to assist with interstate travellers also in not having to bring camp ovens/cookers etc.

5. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) 12 Fire Pits to be located throughout the camp grounds - they are awesome little units, completely self contained (like a barrel) with a flip top lid that is actually for cooking on - so they double as comfort/warmth AND a cooker!!!

6. We are getting a 27mx9m Marquee setup by them in the middle of our camping area - massive space to use as a communal area where people can setup tables in the shade, the Caterers Trailer will be parked under/beside it, and to generally sit around and chatter ($450 less my camping fees of $282 = $168 remaining across the headcount - I've added $0.50 per person per day to cover this - everyone OK with that?).

7. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) 2 large Mobile Mini Skip bins that they will collect and clear to save us having to keep separate bins/plastic bags etc, etc

8. They have waived the one-off fee of $7 per site completely - not much, but still a great show of faith and interest in having us there.

9. They will get tralier loads (over 1 tonne) of cut timber for fires and place them in the campsite for general use - $100 per trailer, probably want 3 trailers up front, so again have added $0.50 per person per day to the camp costs to cover it - Everyone OK with that?

10. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) movies nights for the kids (every night if we choose), games sets for the kids, Tug'o'War rope to go in our camp area, etc

Payments:

I suggest that eveyone pays directly to the park and gets their own individual invoice. I will add the costs detailed above, which makes adults $11.50 per day and kids $6.50 per day - is everyone OK with this?

I am suggesting that deposits need to be made by the 20th February (obviously others who jump on can pay after this) but at least that secures the site etc. Furthermore, I am thinking of suggesting to the owners that all balances are to be paid in full by June 30th (once again, others who join after this can still come and simply pay at that time), with the money being NON REFUNDABLE to the individuals, but going back to the forum itself to cover for some costs of other items not listed on here. Is everyone OK with that?

Basically want to get this out of the way for eveyone, however it works out extremely cost effectively when you break it down to $57.50 per adult and $32.50 per child for the whole 5 nights with camper ovens, cookers, firepits (cookers also), timber, toilets, marquee, movie nights for the kids, games, etc, etc (there are still some surprises up my sleeve!!!).

Obviously the itinerary is just a guide and I'll continue to work on that and put an update up in the coming week or so to provide as many options for people as possible - you could stick to it religiously, or you could do your own thing - entirely up to you!!

The Invoice you will receive direct from them. This is the first one, but the others will have the Marquis and Toilet costs on them itemised separately.

Attachment 11995

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

MudDonk (28th May 2012), Oversize (31st May 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooooo goodie goodie - am really looking forward to this !!
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2TROLLFAM For This Useful Post:

Bigrig (27th May 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Itinerary options

Timing still to be worked out, but here's options and what's planned for the week:

1. Landcruiser Mountain Park Trip
    2. Beerburrum State Forest Trip
    3. Jumping Castle for the Kids
    4. Free Movies each night for the kids
    5. Free games (cricket, badmington, etc) for the kids
    6. Bribie Island Trip (fishing, etc)
    7. Wine Tasting Event at the Park (4 hours)
    8. Local Band one afternoon
    9. Communal Cookup for Dinner one night
    10. Trivia Night
    11. Winery Region Tour (cheese factory, boutique shops, arts and crafts shops, etc)
    12. Australia Zoo Trip (Steve Irwin's joint - well worth the visit, but exxy$$)
    13. Bush Walks
    14. Dayboro/Samford Valley Trip (very scenic along Brisbane Woodford Road)
    15. More to come ...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (24th June 2012), choppie (2nd August 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As said before, not sure which day we'll come in but we'll be there. Advised NCBR accordingly....

CAN"T WAIT!!!

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    As said before, not sure which day we'll come in but we'll be there. Advised NCBR accordingly....

CAN"T WAIT!!!
    Will do champion ... more important that I know you're coming at least as I have to allocate camping spots - plenty of them and they're a good size, but from my understanding at the moment, there's about 55-60 people paid, but near 100 that have contacted me to confirm attendance!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Will do champion ... more important that I know you're coming at least as I have to allocate camping spots - plenty of them and they're a good size, but from my understanding at the moment, there's about 55-60 people paid, but near 100 that have contacted me to confirm attendance!!!
    guilty as charged.
    I'll organise deposit this week

ozz
    TB42E manual 1996 GQ 30 year anniversary
    33" maxxi bighorns, 3" EFS & Accessories

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Yep mate, we have not paid. NCBR was happy to get payment on arrival understanding our needs ....They're also aware we are with the mighty NissanPatrol forum.....

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeesh, this meet up can't come any sooner...LMAO...Hurry the H up October!!!!

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast