Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Connecting TV to 12 volt - Cable and connecting question

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I considered including a tv in our camper, but decided against it. We do have one in the bus, together with a portable satellite setup. Initially when I fitted it if felt a bit of a 'fraud' having a tv out in the bush, thinking much the same as Roofy. However I was glad we fitted it...... During our 18 month trip around Oz it did get used, not regularly, but sometimes it's good just to have the choice. In one place we were camped out in a national park campground somewhere with the sat dish set up outside & a passing kid asked what it was for. When I told him it was for tv, he commented straight off " That's not proper camping" ..... No doubt had had this drummed into him by his old man. I replied with a question "Do you have a tv at home?" " Yeah, course" he said. "Well this is our home, we've been living in it for over a year now" I came back at him with. He was impressed & I'd like to think he went back to his camp & educated his old man.

Cuppa.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

AB (18th August 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Schematic symbol for Alternating Current is a single Sine Wave (or on a PC a 'tilde' IE the upper case or shift of the characters on the button to the left of the number 1 key on a qwerty keyboard)

Him pella dat lokim lik disun...
    ~
    Your a freak sometimes with your knowledge ET....LMAO

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Your a freak sometimes with your knowledge ET....LMAO
    ROFL... Hiya AB

Sometimes it's handy being a Gemini, one of the people in my head usually knows something relevant. I was asking myself the other day where all the other voices had come from tho. I thought there was only supposed to be two of us in there.

Comes in darn handy at trivia nights tho...
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I haven't slept for 2 years Roofy...LMAO

Nah it will just be for an hour before bed to settle the little bas$ard down....

She's only 2 years old so it will only be for a year or so....Yep, who am I kidding!
    Mate, my first girl was a few months from 5 until she, and mum and dad, had her first full night of sleep. It was minimum of up five times a night a 30 minutes a time.
    But on topic, I have to thank my girls, they are the reason for me buying a Patrol. I took them camping for the first time last Easter to Sheepyard Flats. I literally had to take them kicking and screaming home after being there for five days. They absolutely loved it. So had I sell my New D-Max and buy a Troll. They keep asking me when the next trip is too...Cup Weekend is looking good.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Mate, my first girl was a few months from 5 until she, and mum and dad, had her first full night of sleep. It was minimum of up five times a night a 30 minutes a time.
    But on topic, I have to thank my girls, they are the reason for me buying a Patrol. I took them camping for the first time last Easter to Sheepyard Flats. I literally had to take them kicking and screaming home after being there for five days. They absolutely loved it. So had I sell my New D-Max and buy a Troll. They keep asking me when the next trip is too...Cup Weekend is looking good.
    We'll have to organise a meet up with the girls mate and sook about our lack of sleep...LMAO

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hehe I now get plenty of sleep. The one and only thing that got my girl to sleep was to stop listening to others. We spent thousands in Psychologist's and sleep schools and nothing worked. Until we just listened to what our girl had to say. Less than a month later she was sleeping through the night in her own bed.
    So one bit of advice to any new dads, or mums, out there. Tell everyone to GTFO and do what gives you the most sleep. Because I tell ya, it nearly broke our marriage.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ab any particular reason you used the cig plug instead of the merit stlye, cig lighters are not very efficient better connection with the merit MO only
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah mate we spent about a solid 12 months with her in our bed. I don't give a rats what people say...lol....It made me get a few extra hours which is absolute gold in my lifestyle.

This has to be the official hijacking thread at its best. Gone from a problem with 12 volt TV to parenting...haha...Love it!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Ab any particular reason you used the cig plug instead of the merit stlye, cig lighters are not very efficient better connection with the merit MO only
    I havent set my plugs up properly mate.

Just using my old mans standard 3 plug box he made for us as a gift but will upgrade in the future for sure!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123