Thread: General information on roadstore tyres please

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General information on roadstore tyres please

Well winter is here and I need new tyre but I don’t want to pay big money. I have been looking at roadstore RO- MT tyres. My question is has anyone else used them and how many kms did you get and how did you find them on and off road.

O by the way i can buy them for $270 each

http://www.totaltyres.com.au/roadstone.html

Cheers
    Brendon
    2008 GU walkabout 3L auto wagon, 2" lift, Nissan winch bullbar, Ironman winch, Roo lite spotties, Scrub bars & side steps,Ferret rear light bracket with two Led work lights.My tip, Always carry a good well stocked in date firstaid kit when 4wding medical help is always to far away.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It really depends how much mud you are going to see mate? the tread pattern looks pretty Tight and will probably bog up a bit fast to clear efficiently but they will let you have a little fun though i am sure.

Also on that Add it looks like the biggest size is a 31/10.5/15 or a 265 in a 16 and i'd probably be looking a little larger than that.

In terms of kms???? you will probably find you get what you pay for? if you can only afford these at $270 a tyre and understand that you may only get 40,000kms out of them before you buy again well thats ok.... Or pay $370 a tyre for BFG KM2s and get 90,000kms out of them?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m only really looking for an all terrain this was the cheapest I could find. As you said the tread is pretty tight so I would class it as an AT not a MT. Also I’ve just lost my job so I’m trying to keep the spending down.
    I would like the BFG’s but money just won’t go that far I would also like cooper st MAX but again to much money.
    I’m looking at the cheap options mate till I find a job and at the moment the way Tasmania is I think I’m going to be waiting a long time
    The only thing im worried about at the moment is keeping my family safe on the road

Woops forgot to add I only need 265/75/16 mate standard size I will buy another set of rims for offorad later on
    Last edited by bushytas; 25th May 2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: new line entered
    2008 GU walkabout 3L auto wagon, 2" lift, Nissan winch bullbar, Ironman winch, Roo lite spotties, Scrub bars & side steps,Ferret rear light bracket with two Led work lights.My tip, Always carry a good well stocked in date firstaid kit when 4wding medical help is always to far away.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What about these then mate

ACHILLIES-M-T-NEW-31X10-5-R15-4X4-CHEAP-MUD-TYRES-

MAXXIS-754-M-T-NEW-31X10-5-R15-4X4-CHEAP-MUD-TYRES

285-75-16-Mud-4x4-Mtz-Silverstones

This last one looks like a really good buy! $20 more than you have quoted for the ones above

KELLY-TSR-MUD-TYRE-4X4-CHEAP-4X4-TYRES

Where abouts are you in Tassie mate?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at possibly a nexen tyre? I picked up a set of these a while ago in a 31x10.5 r 15 for 165 each for an at shoud get you atleast 40k? All though looking at that pic they are a nexen. Mine were a roadian at2

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Have you looked at possibly a nexen tyre? I picked up a set of these a while ago in a 31x10.5 r 15 for 165 each for an at shoud get you atleast 40k? All though looking at that pic they are a nexen. Mine were a roadian at2
    Yes I believe they are the same brand Not to sure but all the googling tell me they are

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    What about these then mate

ACHILLIES-M-T-NEW-31X10-5-R15-4X4-CHEAP-MUD-TYRES-

MAXXIS-754-M-T-NEW-31X10-5-R15-4X4-CHEAP-MUD-TYRES

285-75-16-Mud-4x4-Mtz-Silverstones

This last one looks like a really good buy! $20 more than you have quoted for the ones above

KELLY-TSR-MUD-TYRE-4X4-CHEAP-4X4-TYRES

Where abouts are you in Tassie mate?
    I’m in Hobart eastern shore mate.
    Not really sure what to get, but I do need something that’s good wearing but also able to handle a bit of mud as I do a little bit of shooting at night and you never know what you will run into in the dark

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bushytas View Post
    I’m only really looking for an all terrain this was the cheapest I could find. As you said the tread is pretty tight so I would class it as an AT not a MT. Also I’ve just lost my job so I’m trying to keep the spending down.
    I would like the BFG’s but money just won’t go that far I would also like cooper st MAX but again to much money.
    I’m looking at the cheap options mate till I find a job and at the moment the way Tasmania is I think I’m going to be waiting a long time
    The only thing im worried about at the moment is keeping my family safe on the road
    Woops forgot to add I only need 265/75/16 mate standard size I will buy r set of rims for offorad later on
    found these on ebay and freight is prety good

http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/2510...PriceItemTypes
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my third View Post
    found these on ebay and freight is prety good

http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/2510...PriceItemTypes
    Thats cheap

I wonder if i would get 90,000kms out of a set

As post below
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    It really depends how much mud you are going to see mate? the tread pattern looks pretty Tight and will probably bog up a bit fast to clear efficiently but they will let you have a little fun though i am sure.

Also on that Add it looks like the biggest size is a 31/10.5/15 or a 265 in a 16 and i'd probably be looking a little larger than that.

In terms of kms???? you will probably find you get what you pay for? if you can only afford these at $270 a tyre and understand that you may only get 40,000kms out of them before you buy again well thats ok.... Or pay $370 a tyre for BFG KM2s and get 90,000kms out of them?