Thread: Arb

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arb

Hi guys
    Am looking at puting a snorkel and auxilary battery kit in my patrol and was wondering if the ARB gear is alright,
    The snorkel will be a Safari, the dual battery system will probably be a Redarc (ARB are Redarc distributors now), the only thing ARB will be the battery tray.
    All that gear is alright though.
    I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the boys, ARB staff's attitude appears to be the same in most places by the sounds, I was looking at driving lights and got the hard sell pitch, went down road to TJM and they couldn't do enough, even gave me a discount, saved over $100 for better lights.
    Drive is 04 DX wagon, 165Ks, Dual Batts, 12000kg Warn in steel bar, Snorkel, Xray 220 Hid Spots, Cruise, digital EGT, Draws in back with power box, 40Ltr Waeco for the essentuals

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been told ARB is pretty hard on their distributers, no excuse for leaning on a customer or bad service.
    Surely that is not in the corporate manual.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for anyone in WA, Coastal 4wd (ARB Welshpool) are great and look after there customers, can not fault their service or after purchase service
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    for anyone in WA, Coastal 4wd (ARB Welshpool) are great and look after there customers, can not fault their service or after purchase service
    Have to agree with once, that was the 1st exposure I'd had with ARB and thought that ARB customer service was the norm, unfortunately I'd been spoilt by Coastal. ARB in general seem to rely on their kit rather than customer service skills something that their head shed should take into account!
    Whoever disagrees with the saying "Might is right" obviously doesn't own a MQ

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just keep busting their balls on the price on anything I buy or get quoted, I just say I'm not paying that and I get a better price, then I say that's still too much and get a better price again.
    Any way that's what I've been doing.
    On all (in commas) "ARB" parts they can discount really well.
    Your the customer spending money, if they want the money then they have to come to the party.
    My chip and exhaust they discounted slightly but still didn't like it, so I walked away and went elsewhere told them the price and they said that's a good price but they beat the price anyway and got the job but I had to drive an extra 25km.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, sadly it seems like we are paying for all of flash trucks that ARB keep producing for the glossy magazines. Seems like the customer service is way down from where it was not so long ago. I still think if not sure about a product get an ARB as it generally is well made and does the job it is made for.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't you wish someone from ARB head office was here to hear what customers [EX] are saying, surely there would be a staff meeting and re training, personally I've found ARB staff to be up themselves that far is ridiculu.s. how dare you come into their shop and ask questions IMO only .

Helped two mates kit out their trucks for Cape York a GU ute and povery pack 100s. Both trucks needed everyhing bars ,batteries,winches, UHF, the price saving was $4500 per truck from ARB and a competitor, thats a lot of fuel or cold ones
    Last edited by threedogs; 30th June 2012 at 08:10 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree 100% threedogs I will never buy from them again!! Even at shows it seems like they're hating trying to be helpful. Like they're too good. Well mofo's guess what ya doors would be permanently shut if you pi55 all ya clients off

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4t1dai
    Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, what's that freakin noise?!

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Where's their passion for all things off road, I'd kill to work in a 4x4 shop and share my knowkledge and LISTEN too want customers want. Give them what they want at a fair price, you keep him and all his mates for customers plus all the goodwill via word of mouth, this point seems to be lost with ARB
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast