User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lift kit legality.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just rang my insurance company (Suncorp) and they said so long as the mods are legal as fair as Dept of Main Roads are concerned then my ute would be insured if I put a lift kit on it (Navara) .... hmmm how do I save for that???
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my patrol a RWC when i bought it to get the rego trasferred. I contacted an engineer/approved person in Brisbane to come out and mod plate it. It has a 4" superior/toughdog kit in it. The bloke came out and said he was reviewing the rules and i got the RWC without blue plate. Its alos running 33"s but all was sweet.

I used to own the complete guidelines for vehicle modification. I bought it at the goprint office in Wooloongabba. It was a waste of money and was so full of crap. Basically from what i read if someone would engineer it then it is legal. That was my interpretation of it anyway. I just wish QLD would allow me to hang an 8/71 weiand blower 2 foot out the bonnet of my XB coupe
    If you going through hell...Keep going

GQ wagon locked - lifted - 33's, 02 SS ute, XB coupe 460bb, KTM530

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useful for QLD only : Modifications Team at Depart of Main Roads & Transport (07) 3114 5844

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/c7..._vehicles2.pdf
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2TROLLFAM For This Useful Post:

megatexture (30th May 2012)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks amelia was a good read

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for those asking this question in SA.. the answer is 2 inch suspension lift is legal, you can also do a 2 inch body lift. coil spacers are NOT legal in south australia. max tire size for GQ's in SA is 33's .. so when you do the math you a good lift from standard just by keeping it legal... mine just passed a check at regency ( our RTA inspection center) as I needed to get the engine number recorded, it all passed with flying colors as listed above
    I am spending my children's inheritance on my 92 GQ PATROL .. and by the time they get it, it will have way to many kilometers on the clock, and it wont be worth anything

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, there are a few correct answers and good information printed above.

In Queensland you do not have to get a suspension lift approved.

You will find that the legal lift (after doing your homework) is 50/70mm (Patrol).

If someone says they can Blue Plate a bigger lift they are ripping you off. It cannot be done legally.

Again tyres can only be 15mm over what your vehicle is complied too, check glove-box lid for your vehicles tyre size.

But please remember tyres & suspension over and above the legal limit cannot be engineered or Blue Plated by anyone.

So if some one says that they can do it, phone transport first if you don't believe the above comments.

Cheers
    David Metcalfe
    Approved Person 2868
    Last edited by Xtreme 4x4 Sport; 13th June 2012 at 09:37 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Xtreme 4x4 Sport For This Useful Post:

patrolrulz (15th September 2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12