Hi,

I've a '95 GQ 4.2l on dual fuel. I'd like a second battery which is reasonably sized. My can-fix-it-mechanic tells me he can easily move the parts out of the way within one hour. Problem is I need a decently sized battery cradle (I think 12"). All I found so far (Piranha, ARB) for the petrol version of the GQ is a cradle for a 8" battery which would give me some 55 Amp hours. My more-upmarket-mechanic tells me that install would set me back 1400$ and I'd be better of with a battery pack with similar Amp hours for 750$ installed. But I'd like the second battery not just for the fridge but also as a backup and for emergency welding should I break something in the middle of nowhere. That's why I hesitate to go with the battery pack.

Does anybody know of a good quality battery cradle for a ~12" battery to mount in the engine bay?

I'd also consider a battery between my storage system and the cargo barrier but then it has to be a fully sealed one which according to my more-upmarket-mechanic would get expansive again. Any experience?

Cheers,
Flo-w