Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GU 8 2012 Model

Hi There

Does anyone own the latest GU 8 2012 Patrol?

I have done my best to search for owner information and experiences of the 2012 GU8 range without success.

I take delivery of a new 2012 built DX GU 8 Automatic Wagon in the A.C.T. next Wednesday from the Wagga Wagga Nissan Dealer.

I found it hard to find any information in the A.C.T. It sometimes seems as though, in Canberra, we live in the extreme outback with none of the advantages but all of the disadvantages of isolation from the real world! Anyway enough grumbling.

The 2012 GU 8 comes with a few goodies as standard, for example cruise control, dual front air bags, vehicle dynamic control, ABS, rear diff lock and active brake limited slip.

My 2001 ST GU ZD30 has an intermittent fault with the engine cutting out and sometimes difficulty in immediate re-starting. The experts are pretty sure it is caused by a injector pump fault but they cannot or will not guarantee a replacment pump will solve the problem.

This is no good to me as I am use to complete reliability and expect nothing less. This is the first time my 2001 ZD30 has let me down at 202,000 kms! I want to leave for warmer country up north Australia. I was about to leave on the 11th May but the Patrol put a stop to my plans.

If anyone is interested in buying a well used, original and carefully maintained 2001 GU ST Automatic Wagon with full service history, log book and all receipts watch for my Ebay auction notice coming up in the next few weeks.

I will report on the new GU 8 experience in a week or 2.

Cheers and regards
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new rig. There are a few of us here with new GU8's at least 1 in the ACT as well. Check the members rides section. I got the last of my gear fitted this week ( side rails and steps )so now just looking at what tyres to fit. If you want any specific info on the GU8 just ask.
    2012 Black GU8 st with a few good bits and pieces

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philZD30patrol View Post
    Hi There

Does anyone own the latest GU 8 2012 Patrol?

I have done my best to search for owner information and experiences of the 2012 GU8 range without success.

I take delivery of a new 2012 built DX GU 8 Automatic Wagon in the A.C.T. next Wednesday from the Wagga Wagga Nissan Dealer.

I found it hard to find any information in the A.C.T. It sometimes seems as though, in Canberra, we live in the extreme outback with none of the advantages but all of the disadvantages of isolation from the real world! Anyway enough grumbling.

The 2012 GU 8 comes with a few goodies as standard, for example cruise control, dual front air bags, vehicle dynamic control, ABS, rear diff lock and active brake limited slip.

My 2001 ST GU ZD30 has an intermittent fault with the engine cutting out and sometimes difficulty in immediate re-starting. The experts are pretty sure it is caused by a injector pump fault but they cannot or will not guarantee a replacment pump will solve the problem.

This is no good to me as I am use to complete reliability and expect nothing less. This is the first time my 2001 ZD30 has let me down at 202,000 kms! I want to leave for warmer country up north Australia. I was about to leave on the 11th May but the Patrol put a stop to my plans.

If anyone is interested in buying a well used, original and carefully maintained 2001 GU ST Automatic Wagon with full service history, log book and all receipts watch for my Ebay auction notice coming up in the next few weeks.

I will report on the new GU 8 experience in a week or 2.

Cheers and regards
    Phil
    Hey Phil, GU8 is a great vehicle mate. What do you need to know specificly?
    Few of us have them now so there is a lot of info on here.
    And we'll pass on the '01 model I think ..hahaha

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    And we'll pass on the '01 model I think ..hahaha
    I'd rather take the 01' out into the scrub than risk it with it's 50k+ variant. But then again, if one can afford a newie, one can afford the risks of damage. Congrats on the noo twuk too bud...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking forward to seeing another GU 8 on the forum. I have already clocked 5,500 kays on mine and am loving it. you can check out my comments and pics of mine in the members rides section.

Waka

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is ready for pickup next Tuesday, can't wait.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just fitted DPchip and 3" Taipan exhaust on my GU8 and loving it.
    Car is great
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have clocked about 3500km on mine and loving it so far, Great vehicle, took the 3rd row out on the weekend and my god the cargo area is bloody huge without them, don't realise how much bloody space the things take up.
    2012 GU8 Polar White Auto ST Patrol, Factory Bull bar, Scangauge 2, EGR blanked, Milford cargo barrier, Outback ideas recovery points, Micks retrofit HID 3 inch projectors with Osram bulbs and 55w ballasts, GME TXE3420, Sidewinder dual battery with monitor, Windcheetah 2.0m alloy rack, Suspension Stuff 2" Flexy lift with SS Monotubes, MT ATZ 4 ribs 265/75R16 on black Dynamic rims, Custom rear draws with fridge slide.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am only about $60k away from getting my new GU8 Patrol. Trying to auction off the wife and kids on fleabay, but no takers so far.

Hopefully not too long
    2001 GU II - 3.0TD Auto. ARB Bullbar - Runva 11XP Winch - NADed with Boost & EGT gauges - OME 2in Lift - Manta 3in - Dual Battery - Spotties & LED Lightbar - Uniden 80ch UHF - Rear Drawers & Engel Fridge - 3/4 Steel cage Car goes vroom

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackwalks View Post
    . Trying to auction off the wife and kids on fleabay, but no takers so far.

Hopefully not too long
    Got any photos lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast