User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stanthorpe june long weekend

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do believe a 308 (7.62) will give you a bit more poke and better range wide choice of ammo type and crover a much broader veritity of game both medium to large to right rig set up and 308 is good out to 1000 meters not that you would have to shoot that far very often but thats the sort of flexability it give you there is a new rifle out in 308 called a scout which would be an excelent scrub gun peep hole sights standart and very short stocky rig would match up graet to a red dot style of scope for quick sighting on game in close country such as at the farm those red dot out fits allow you to shoot with both eyes open makes for a very quick unit bolt action 10 round mag detactable. just a thought

not that i am one side about my 308 howa at all lolol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    308, 7mm/08, 30/06 are all pretty popular - perhaps a bit less so with the '06 in Australia.

Just check you are ok with recoil and don't have a flinch if going down the '06 path. Do you know anyone who has one you can try?

While I have fired a couple of shots out of a .458 Win Mag and a .470 NE double, and lived to tell the tale, I like my 6.5x55 because it is very mild recoiling - mine has a plastic butt plate and I have no issues - makes second shots easier and stuff like that.

Yes, those scout style rifles do look interesting :-)
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

hekarewe (14th June 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a good read http://www.chuckhawks.com/myth_busting_calibers.htm but maybe a .338 win mag so you can win a rooster swinging contest with your mates haha. Mmm decisions .308 30/06 or .338 win mag not sure now. I'd love to be able to fire a cannon just for a laugh
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to day @ Aldi trail cams on sale they take pics and vids and look the goods went out early and got mine now just have to work out how to use it and get it out in the field

they are for sale @ $130.00 each and are at the front counter as they are a "high value item" so dont look for them,,,,, go strait to the cash register and ask for one "wildlife cam/ photo trap"

good luck guys

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, got one, and even managed to get it to work, I think :-)

There was a big queue at our local but they were after exercise gear, mostly
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same same this morning silly buggers after excersize crap LMAO i get enough of that jumping to conclusions and flying of the hand at work

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    yep, got one, and even managed to get it to work, I think :-)

There was a big queue at our local but they were after exercise gear, mostly
    set mine up in the back yard tonight,,,,,, see what local targets i get to night and tomorrow LOL could find that i am going to far away for game lolol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate just bought one as a bit of security for remote area camping. Obviously won't help prevent theft, but might help tracking the culprits down.

Kid at local Aldi was a bit obstructive this arve when I want with a mate to get a camera for him. The Kid said 'I am pretty sure we have none left'. I said please check. He said, 'If we had any left they would be in the glass cabinet'. I said, 'They weren't there yesterday morning, they were in the office, please check.'

He said 'I am pretty sure we have none left' I said 'Please check' at which point the manager appeared. She confirmed they were in the office, and we were able to pick one up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    little f(^(*&ker probbly wanted it for himself or hes a tree huggin greenie LOL good to persistance paid of.

willl be trying to get mine over to macca too set up on the farm while he is down there for the wedding seee what really is a round one of those dams of night time

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys, sounds like it was a great weekend. I'm jelious If you are planning another trip at some stage I'd definately be keen if there is room for one more.

To be honest, being out and about in the bush hunting is probably the only real thing I miss from NZ, well maybe the odd family member as well...lol

Is the process of getting a firearms licence here in Aus a drama? I left all of my firearms in NZ when we moved as I heard it was a hassle getting and keeping a licence here, and that semi auto's are prohibited.
    I may have to look into getting a licence and shipping the 308 over.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast