OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanthorpe june long weekend

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off to Ripley this Sat am unless it is hissing down. I aim to get there by 9:00 but usually get there by 10:00 ish.

What is the traffic like heading to Glen Aplin on a long weekend? Put another way, is there a best time, or a least worse time :-)

Macca, have you been made an honest man yet?? :-) Or is this trip a pre nuptial adventure?
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Off to Ripley this Sat am unless it is hissing down. I aim to get there by 9:00 but usually get there by 10:00 ish.

What is the traffic like heading to Glen Aplin on a long weekend? Put another way, is there a best time, or a least worse time :-)

Macca, have you been made an honest man yet?? :-) Or is this trip a pre nuptial adventure?
    Pre nuptial adventure I get married on the 30th of this month scary stuff haha lucky to be getting away if you ask me the missus is starting to get stressed. I'd love to hit the range on sat but have to be at the wedding venue doing seating plans and arrangements and other gay stuff like cleaning for the overseas guests. The bloke who owns it says there's pigs about he hasn't seena deer for 3 weeks though so they may have moved on I'll have final details this weekend for you silver if you can make it
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Macca,

I'm a bit more creaky in the joints, ok slow and steady on foot but no good bounding over fences. Have spousely approval, and am keen.

I'm ama2ed you are able to get out and about with the wedding imminent :-)
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets make it an early start on saturday and i take it that its on rain hail n shine

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok leaving on saturday rain hail shine or the arrival of the 4 horsemen at say 5.30am from torq4x4 or the servo just up from them to fuel up and head off. What you need to bring food booze and bedding there is only one room with a double bed but there's floor space to do a air mattress or sleep on the floor you guys can fight over the bed if you want. there's 3 dams to set up over 4 open fields to ambush things running across it and a swamp up the front to wait on. mostly flat ground some hills and dense bush but plenty of clearings. I am not so agile after my back injury so can only walk in 10 to 20min bursts before I need a sit down. It will be cold out there so jumpers and that are needed I shall pm and text you the address tomorrow

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pm sent, I'm excited!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate we were out at the springs 3 weeks ago and they had baits around there property hope those helps

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Hey mate we were out at the springs 3 weeks ago and they had baits around there property hope those helps
    hi mate the property next door the one with all the fire damage is a family friends property and they were baited too for dogs they seem to have left the place shame though as they're worth 200 a scalp could have made money on a shooting trip rather than spend it!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I'll leave it to Macca 86 and Hekarwe to post a report, as they saw more action but I had a great weekend with excellent company.

I didn't get out as much as Macca and Hekarwe, but saw promising sign.

The single time I pulled the trigger, the shot went exactly where I was aiming - which was a sighting target to confirm all was well with my outfit when we arrived. :-)

Thanks again Macca86 and Hekarwe!
    Last edited by Silver; 12th June 2012 at 03:03 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

AB (12th June 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as silver said great weekend!!! lots of sign of promising game but unfortunatly we did not see what we were looking for. Macca saw a few foxes on the last morning before we left but i woke up and heard rain so rolled over and went back to sleep so missed out had a look at the second property and did a little vermin eradrication for our hoste over all a fantastic weekend and great company and dam good food food and more food!!!

on a side note, being an older hunter it was great to be able gto pass on some of my knowledge to a younger hunter top weekend cant wait for the next one!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hekarewe For This Useful Post:

AB (12th June 2012)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast