Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanthorpe june long weekend

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stanthorpe june long weekend

Hi lads long weekend in june I want to go hunting first 5 people more than welcome to join. 3 places to shoot on 1 to camp on in a hut out the back 2x 600 1x 1500acre properties good fun let me know if you want to come along experience or rifle not necessary.

If you have anywhere else to shoot with more pig or deer I'd be willing to travel 6 hrs out of brisbane.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macca how far out of stanthorp is the properties???? when are you heading out and what ever other info you might have for me as i am interested to go on this one if i can.

let me kn ow bud ok and of cause is there a lot of game there??????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warrick is 600 acres next door to the springs roo'snsaw one pig and maybe dogs if the bait program hasn't gone through. Mt tullly 5 mins from stanthorpe town 600 acres rabbits roo's maybe some foxes chasing the rabbits. glen aplin about 15 20 mins from stanthorpe town 1500 acres pigs and the odd deer no roo's as they raise injured animals there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at this stage count me in for the long weekend,,, would like to head out friday night after work max the weekend lol but unfortunatly my hours variy day to day so will need some good directions or meet somewhere when i knock off.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Macca,

I'm keen for the long week-end.

Just back last night from that trip to Wandibindle that I spoke of last time we met. We saw heaps of pigs - over 100 in the week we were there, between 4 blokes and two vehicles. got 14 between the 4 of us, to which tally I made the smallest contribution :-) I need to practice my crossing shots!

Mate who organised the trip broke a long drought, and got 3 good si2ed boars. These boars have grown big for their age, based on tusk si2e. That is, they were about 4 feet long, but the tusks were smaller than the one I took that grew up more slowly during the drought.

Rowan, the owner, advised that the pigs are travelling through Wandibindle, and not resident, and based on what we saw, that seems right - we only saw one mob twice in the same place, that were possibly watering and feeding on Wandibindle, but spending a fair bit of time next door.

Wandibindle is East of St George, and 30ks East of Nindigully pub :-), so its within your distance guidelines. It is a self guided pay to play place, price varying depending on accomodation. It has a website that provided more info. http://www.designs4u.com.au/wandibindle/

We saw a couple of large stationary mobs - one had more than 20 in it. Rowan's advice was that the first of these mobs with 20+ in it, just milled around rather than heading off rapidly for the timberline, was because they had not encountered hunters previously. Certainly the other mobs, or solitary boars, were with one other exception, all on the move when we saw them.
    Last edited by Silver; 20th May 2012 at 07:55 AM.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

hekarewe (20th May 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That place looks great 80 a night for the quaters seems pretty good too. Great pig numbers I would go to that if it's not booked out. Might have to see if I can arrange it for the weekend or a future trip. Adrian I'll pm you addresses once I get them I don't know them just how to get there haha shocking I know

9. The Following User Says Thank You to macca86 For This Useful Post:

hekarewe (20th May 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macca is this trip still on for the long weekend???? and will there be a facilities for to zero a rifle on the property?????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all the trip is still on for the long weekend I have been busy with wedding stuff ao haven't been online much. I shall PM you details and addresses and anyone else who wants to come is more than welcome. As for zeroing in a scope there is plenty of flat ground we could set some targets up but would have to measure the distance.
    a rough address http://maps.google.com.au/maps?rlz=1...ed=0CFYQ_AUoAg mount stirling road right at the end. 1500 acres and a quarters with shower toilet fridge and cooking available.
    When would you be able to travel can go together or in convoy or meet up there I was thinking of leaving sat morning

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was thinking leaving after work but saturday mornings good to get away early so we can make the most of the weekend

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saturday is best for me as my cousin and auntie arrive from scotland on friday so sat early how early? 6am or earlier or later I'm easy and cheap haha

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast